What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bulldgos (Round 21)

Now onto the cracking Round 21, 2015 game v the Canterbury-Bansktown Bulldgos.

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Played 59 minutes, made 19 runs, gained 238 metres, made 4 tackle busts, pulled off 25 tackles (missed 2 tackles), and made 1 line break to boot. Probably his best game as a Rooster and one of the best games I've seen from a front row forward. Lead by example in attack and defence and helped steady the ship after the younger guys got too caught up in the emotion of the contest. Channel 9 gave him their player of the match award too.

2 points: Boyd Cordner. If JWH was the Alpha forward last night, well Cordner was Alpha 1A. Ran straight and hard, did what was needed when it was needed. Played 57 minutes, made 14 runs, gained 147 metres, and pulled off 36 tackles with 0 misses. Quality stuff.

1 point: Michael Jennings. That second try sealed it for mine.

Honourable mention to RTS. 303 metres gained on 28 runs, outstanding.

So, your thoughts ladies and gents on what is probably gonna go down as the game of the season?

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. JWH, the absolute standout, no one came close.
2. Cordner
1. Friend

While not overjoyed at the way they let the Dogs back into the game (leg ups by the refs didn't help) was really pleased with the way we held it together to end up winning by 10.

3 - JWH - one of the best performances from a front rower i have ever seen.
2 - Cordner - huge amount of work in the middle and generated plenty of fast play-the-balls, definitely one of his best games this season.
1 - Tupou - absolutely incredible what he can do when he's not being run off the ball by 7 defenders when we put up a kick to his corner.

Honourable Mentions: RTS, Jennings, Pearce, Napa, Evans

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. JWH. One of the best individual front row performances I've ever seen.
2. Cordner. His best game in two years. Outstanding and bruising.
1. Tupou. Fantastic to see him hitting some form.

Chook

First Grade
3 - JWH - I called him the best front rower of the game and still do.
2 - Cords - Ran like demon and tackled his heart out.
1 - RTS - Am still pissed we let him go. He's afreak.

Special mention Jeno and Fergo and Kane Evans, I've watched that hit a thousand times.

Chook.

Valheru

Coach
3 JWH – Self Explanatory
2 Boyd – Excellent all round game
1 Pearce – Remained calm and lead the team around well when things weren’t going our way

Our first and last 20 minute periods were great and it was good to see us turn things around (without the aid of a penalty in the 2nd half) when things weren’t going our way.

However, there is a lot of stuff from that game I don’t want to see again. Our defence at times looked very average but hopefully it was a one off. TBH, the game showed how much we miss SKD in defence. It is not really Elliot’s fault either, Fergo clearly just doesn’t trust him. The amount of times he has come in on a player whilst SKD has been out is huge and he doesn’t do it when SKD is there.

gUt

Coach
Love watching JWH play when he's fired up. You guys are the team to beat this year.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
on the shoulder charge front it's an interesting development.

it seems that now a penalty is sufficient when there is no contact with the head and "no whiplash" effect according to Lara Pitt on the Matty Johns show last night.

I don't know how they are going to consistently define whiplash because from what I saw of that tackle the was a significant whiplash effects.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maybe they deemed it penalty sufficient because it was performed on a 130kg sack of shit in Sam Fatsiano.

Latest posts