What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wire

elyod138

Bench
Nothing comes close to The Wire.

I've watched it 5+ times and I notice and understand new things with each viewing.

Apey

Staff member
That bit is season 2 where mcnulty was f$&king about with his bosses over where the body went into the water was one of my favourite bits of any series.

Goddam McNulty.

Yep one of the best bits.

Bunk though. He is the champion. Aw Jimmy...

Game_Breaker

Coach
season 3 is the bomb, it had Colvins Hamsterdam experiment, avon and string backstabbing each other, marlo being introduced. Easily the best season out of the 5 for me

The creator of the wire has a new HBO mini series starting soon called Show me a hero

[youtube]CLFfSbQ87JQ[/youtube]

DiegoNT

First Grade
One moment that stands out far me is in seasons 1 where bird gets beaten up in the interrogation room.
Usually when there is a police brutality scene in a show its always shown that the cops doing the beaten are crooked sleazy horrible people, but in this occasion it was actually the cops that went through the whole show with high moral standards (kima especially) that did the beating.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Avoided watching it for 4 years after I moved to Baltimore.

Finally watched it late last year. It is indescribable. Watch it for yourself.

That being said, it could have been set in just about any large US city. The names change, but the game stays the same.

My favourite pub was the spot where Marlo had one of his earliest scenes.

some11

Referee
Been meaning to download it again after it came out on blu-ray, pretty much the perfect TV series that sits alongside Band of Brothers as equals.

eozsmiles

Bench
Nothing comes close to The Wire.

I've watched it 5+ times and I notice and understand new things with each viewing.

Same. Been watching bits and pieces while they've replayed it on fox the last couple of weeks and every time I turn it on there is an awesome scene.

Incorrect

Coach
Up to episode 4 of season 4, started watching the whole thing from the get go late last year.
Am totally addicted now. As for characters, never liked Stringer that much, favourites
are Omar, Lester, Bunk & Mc Nutty. Clay Davis cracks me up.
Rawles is a f*cking asshole beyond words, would be my most hated in the whole damn thing...
Enjoying the shit out of it.

T.

It was a crack up when you see him sitting in that g@y bar when that dude is trying to find Omar... can't remember which season probably 4 or 5....

It was a crack up when you see him sitting in that g@y bar when that dude is trying to find Omar... can't remember which season probably 4 or 5....
That and when the 'homeless killer' is being psych evaluated are probably the funniest parts in the series.

PJ

First Grade

For the sake of incorrect I hope it was before ep 4 season 4.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The greatest show of all-time. The first four seasons in particularly are up there with anything ever committed to celluloid; tv or cinema.

Season 4 is just a donkey punch to the balls on the feels scale. It's extraordinary.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm been recording the Wire on my IQ Just watched season 1 , up to season 2 now fantastic show...

Generalzod

Immortal
The greatest show of all-time. The first four seasons in particularly are up there with anything ever committed to celluloid; tv or cinema.

Season 4 is just a donkey punch to the balls on the feels scale. It's extraordinary.

The only thing that comes close is the Shield.....

T.S Quint

Coach
The only thing that comes close is the Shield.....

Love The Shield.
One of the best endings to a show I can remember. It just fit the show and the character so well.

But The Wire is in a league of its own. Truly brilliant television.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Went straight from season 5 back to season
1. Am currently in the early stages of season 4 and amazed at how much I missed out first time round. This show is amazing

Dogs Of War

Coach
Never watched it before. 4 eps in so far. Not working at the moment so between job interviews etc thought I would try and get into this. Not bad but not great so far