What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I couldn't believe how small the crowd was yesterday.

The Panthers brought no one, but I would have thought that we would have gone close to 20k on such a glorious afternoon.

People are obviously just getting lazy and sitting in front of the box. Sad really.

ag6858

Juniors
PAX is currently 428 (yes I didn't miss a digit) for the Mariners v Wellington FFA Cup game on Tuesday week.

lockyno1

Post Whore

The Panthers brought no one, but I would have thought that we would have gone close to 20k on such a glorious afternoon.

People are obviously just getting lazy and sitting in front of the box. Sad really.

To be fair, yesterday was probably the best Sunday in months and a lot of people would have gone out as a family. Not sure going to a football game would be high on the priority list, especially against a rather tedious Panthers side.

LineBall

Juniors
Having nearly every game live is having a huge impact on crowds. Would it ever be viable to have a blackout for the game in the local area - similar to what they do in the NFL if the game isn't sold out?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
To be fair, yesterday was probably the best Sunday in months and a lot of people would have gone out as a family. Not sure going to a football game would be high on the priority list, especially against a rather tedious Panthers side.

Good point locky, although I still think it is disappointing considering the lack of Sunday afternoon games we get each year.

No doubt that the bandwagon supporters of all clubs start to come out over the next few weeks as we get close to the semis. Always seems to be the way.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good point locky, although I still think it is disappointing considering the lack of Sunday afternoon games we get each year.

No doubt that the bandwagon supporters of all clubs start to come out over the next few weeks as we get close to the semis. Always seems to be the way.

Disappointing yes, but it was understandable. I thought the crowd would be around 15,000 so I wasn't that far off. It was a perfect day to go to the park, have a family BBQ.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was a bit surprised of the Dragons/Knights crowd, the weather was perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

As for the Souths/Panthers game, well I would've predicted close to 20,000, but apparently there was track work on the Western Train Line. Not saying that's an excuse but I doesn't make it easier for fans to go to games.

I dare say the railway line closure on Saturday and Sunday between Blacktown and Granville may have been a factor which effected Panthers fans and some Souths fans to be honest.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I dare say the railway line closure on Saturday and Sunday between Blacktown and Granville may have been a factor which effected Panthers fans and some Souths fans to be honest.

Thanks, didn't know about that as we drove to the game.

That would have had some impact, especially for the Panther fans.

Canard

Immortal
Having nearly every game live is having a huge impact on crowds. Would it ever be viable to have a blackout for the game in the local area - similar to what they do in the NFL if the game isn't sold out?

Realistically No.

Being that Sydney and Brisbane are the major markets for advertisers, not showing it into those areas would have a major impact on the TV monies.

Live Sport is the only real reason to watch any TV at a set date and time these days.

The Rosco

Bench

Ziggy's talking 'bout you, Caitlyn

LineBall

Juniors
Realistically No.

Being that Sydney and Brisbane are the major markets for advertisers, not showing it into those areas would have a major impact on the TV monies.

Live Sport is the only real reason to watch any TV at a set date and time these days.

Sure. But wouldn't it be possible to schedule a game in Sydney and a game in Brisbane at the same time and broadcast the Sydney game live into Brisbane and vice versa?

ucantseeme

Juniors
If memberships keep increasing each year then surely crowds will follow. I agree with the idea that certain grounds at certain times is the smarter option, like Sunday arvo at Leichhardt works but not Friday nights.

Canard

Immortal
Sure. But wouldn't it be possible to schedule a game in Sydney and a game in Brisbane at the same time and broadcast the Sydney game live into Brisbane and vice versa?

Of course, a reverse of FNF now. That is really only an option once a weekend though.

Once again, though it would mean a reduction in TV revenue due to the game being shown into a market that it had less draw in.

It depends on what is considered to be the bigger concern I suppose, crowds or TV money.

beave

Coach
Big Top stadium with the comps 2 biggest clown teams...... Though they will announce 11k.

Status
Not open for further replies.