What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring back the brown!!!!!!

cain3y

Juniors
I hate the pink jeresy being used all the time, it seems to be worn more than any other jersey we have. If the panthers are going to be black and gold like the training gear then im fine with that, problem is the logo has teal in it and no gold. I wish they had made the logo black and white like whats on my polo shirt. The image actually looks sharper.

Pomoz

Bench
1967. Carnaby Street, Twiggy, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Concorde, Vietnam, Ali stripped of his title, the Saint, the Dirty Dozen, Holt does the bolt, six day war, bad teeth, bowl cut hair, mini skirts, the discovery of Quarks, prefab concrete housing and brown and white Penrith jerseys.

Plenty happened in 1967 that we can forget. The bowl hair cuts, paisley and flowery shirts can all naff off. The prefab housing should be blown up after first locking the architects in it that designed them. Mini skirts get to stay (obviously), the Beatles and Bob Dylan make the cut. The discovery of Quarks was pretty useful, but brown and white jerseys and velvet suits. NO!!!!! Just being old, or just because it happened doesn't mean we have to revere it.

All you old timers can get your brown and white jerseys out. Stick the Beatles on the record player and leaf through your pictures of young ladies in miniskirts in 1967 (I presume some of the pages are stuck together by now), crack open your can of KB and reminisce about the good old days. Groovy baby!

Mr Spock!

Referee
1967. Carnaby Street, Twiggy, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Concorde, Vietnam, Ali stripped of his title, the Saint, the Dirty Dozen, Holt does the bolt, six day war, bad teeth, bowl cut hair, mini skirts, the discovery of Quarks, prefab concrete housing and brown and white Penrith jerseys.

Plenty happened in 1967 that we can forget. The bowl hair cuts, paisley and flowery shirts can all naff off. The prefab housing should be blown up after first locking the architects in it that designed them. Mini skirts get to stay (obviously), the Beatles and Bob Dylan make the cut. The discovery of Quarks was pretty useful, but brown and white jerseys and velvet suits. NO!!!!! Just being old, or just because it happened doesn't mean we have to revere it.

All you old timers can get your brown and white jerseys out. Stick the Beatles on the record player and leaf through your pictures of young ladies in miniskirts in 1967 (I presume some of the pages are stuck together by now), crack open your can of KB and reminisce about the good old days. Groovy baby!

Music was heaps better in the 60s.

Give me Dylan and the Beatles over Beiber and TV nufties.

Are the pink jerseys big sellers?

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I like the brown & white. I loved my first Jersey probably 81 or 82. If we went back to it I would be happy, but can be content to see it during heritage round.

Pomoz

Bench
Music was heaps better in the 60s.

Give me Dylan and the Beatles over Beiber and TV nufties.

Are the pink jerseys big sellers?
Do you feel soiled after mentioning Beiber and the Beatles in the same sentence, I know I do? :shock:

Not sure about the pink jersey sales.

Royce is King

Juniors
Just saw the 2016 membership page...... not 1 sign of teal to be seen , but BROWN or tinges of brown are the main focus..... gee i hope its Black Brown ( even tinges) and White for the 2016 jersey.