What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy Mason shoulder charge?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Mason got hit with a grade one shoulder charge
Could be facing 2 to 3 weeks on the sideline.
Wow. Just wow

Well other players in the past have done the same thing and I thought a penalty was sufficient. But then they got suspended.

All I want is consistency.

I reckon that Roosters player won't get charged for the shoulder charge. It was worse than Mason's, more obvious. Can't remember the forwards name though.

Roosters are getting very lucky at the moment in regards to judiciary charges.

Really and which Roosters player are your referring to? When in the match did it happen/ Which Knights players was the target? Hard to take this seriously when you can't give any details at all.

I hope you don't mean JWH for this as it is not a shoulder charge. He used his chest.

Further Mitchell Aubusson has been charged for his dangerous throw.

Mason was hit with a grade 1 shoulder charge. Problem is he had a prior similar offence in the last 2 years which gave him a 50%loading. So it is 2 weeks if he take the early guilty plea, 3 weeks if he fights it and is found guilty.

Danish

Referee
Surely even the most staunch "ban the shoulder charge" supporters must be embarrassed by Mason's charge and suspension.

The rule is officially a joke

Keffola

Juniors
Willie's been going good when playing for a contract, shame to lose him for the run into the finals.

Luckily Brenton Lawrence should be nearing a return soon....

Allo

Juniors
Surely even the most staunch "ban the shoulder charge" supporters must be embarrassed by Mason's charge and suspension.

The rule is officially a joke

I am one of, it seem, the few that agree on getting the shoulder charge out of the game, but yes, I am embarrassed if Big Willy misses any games.
I hope he fights it and gets off or I'll have to agree with others that say the NRL has gone too far.
The only explanation I can think of is they are looking in the long term of getting the shoulder charge out of the game. Which is why they are coming down so hard.

FREE WILLY!!!!!!
FREE WILLY!!!!!!
FREE WILLY!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Outraged by what you think possibly may, or may not happen.

The Aubusson lift was nothing report worthy anyway. Penalty was sufficient.

Well the judiciary has charged him like I said they should.

Grade 1 charge like I said, no carry over points means 93 points, he misses 0 matches.

Any minor slip up coming up and Aubusson will be suspended with those 93 carry over points.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah but the Jennings high shot was report worthy.
Its true the chickens are getting away with a fair bit.
Same old shit

You agreed with snappy, I don't know why.

My post above this is about Aubusson getting charged and rightly so.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mason got hit with a grade one shoulder charge
Could be facing 2 to 3 weeks on the sideline.
Wow. Just wow

In the first half a Roosters forward yesterday did a shoulder charge worse than Willie.

Can't remember the forwards name but he should be suspended and isn't.

It's a joke!

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The NRL are just being petulant that this point, and deeply paranoid about how the media might react if they treat the SC "softly".

The media? Well they've got the NRL cornered like a rabbit vs a pack of wolves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really and which Roosters player are your referring to? When in the match did it happen/ Which Knights players was the target? Hard to take this seriously when you can't give any details at all.

I hope you don't mean JWH for this as it is not a shoulder charge. He used his chest.

Further Mitchell Aubusson has been charged for his dangerous throw.

Mason was hit with a grade 1 shoulder charge. Problem is he had a prior similar offence in the last 2 years which gave him a 50%loading. So it is 2 weeks if he take the early guilty plea, 3 weeks if he fights it and is found guilty.

I don't care what you take seriously.

It happened in the first half, it may have been Aubusson. It was a definite shoulder charge.

The Roosters aren't innocent like you think they are tbh.

MightyMoo

Juniors
It was the softest shoulder charge in recent history. Sandow would of made more of a dint. What a joke

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Complete farce that Mason has been hit with that charge. F*ck me that is just soft to the enth degree.

And they send out the advice of the rule chance on a Friday afternoon with the game played that night? :crazy:

Would sanity not dictate that they announce a new rule change on a Tuesday morning so that it gives all teams due notice?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Complete farce that Mason has been hit with that charge. F*ck me that is just soft to the enth degree.

And they send out the advice of the rule chance on a Friday afternoon with the game played that night? :crazy:

Would sanity not dictate that they announce a new rule change on a Tuesday morning so that it gives all teams due notice?

It's run by a bunch of toddlers that's why!

Mason to miss 2-3 weeks and Shillington gets 0 weeks. Stupid!!!!

Maybe "there needs to be an investigation into this, it's just ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous"................................

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It's run by a bunch of toddlers that's why!

Mason to miss 2-3 weeks and Shillington gets 0 weeks. Stupid!!!!

Maybe "there needs to be an investigation into this, it's just ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous"................................

Shillington gets 0 weeks? When was that announced?

I didn't think the MRC had released anything from that game?

Edit: Sorry just saw the charges.

F*CK ME! If that does not demonstrate how upside down this whole process is then nothing will.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shillington gets 0 weeks? When was that announced?

I didn't think the MRC had released anything from that game?

Edit: Sorry just saw the charges.

F*CK ME! If that does not demonstrate how upside down this whole process is then nothing will.

I can't believe it, it's a complete and utter farce. They won't lose their jobs though!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder why fans don't want to go to the games.

These rulings turn supporters away and they think I'll just watch it on the couch.