What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

alien

Referee
Part of the problem is Souths poor history with this stuff. When it happened and they tried to sweep it under the carpet, most fans thought "here we go again......Souths, violence, misbehaviour, they won't care". We've seen it in the past as well as recently, so we know it's not an isolated thing and we know Souths won't be making a stand on the issue. They hold a pretty low rent position when it comes to violence. With a violent offender, you can either sack them or sign them. It was never in question what Souths would do.

more souths bashing! and i used to think manly were the most hated club! definitely not on League Unlimited! :)

alien

Referee
why? Are you saying that the only way he can deal with things is through violence?

that's pretty sad..

nar i wasn't saying that, but i have a feeling you would be even more annoying in the flesh and wouldn't f**k off when told too! :p

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Part of the problem is Souths poor history with this stuff. When it happened and they tried to sweep it under the carpet, most fans thought "here we go again......Souths, violence, misbehaviour, they won't care". We've seen it in the past as well as recently, so we know it's not an isolated thing and we know Souths won't be making a stand on the issue. They hold a pretty low rent position when it comes to violence. With a violent offender, you can either sack them or sign them. It was never in question what Souths would do.

Fans have been blasting the Fifita's for yelling at a grown man - what reaction do you expect a woman-basher to get? I expect it to be similar to the one fans give Lui and Ferguson.

No, Souths told the NRL and put out a press release.
It was never kept in house. That was in May.

He had played 5 games at the time so was not widely known.
He pleaded guilty in court, with the sentence given to him in November (2 year behaviour).

Should he have then sat out from May or waited for the case to conclude is where the consternation lies. No doubt what will happen in such cases in the NRL if they plead guilty.

That all said, if someone says that they are not guilty, so they can play waiting for their case, and are subsequently found guilty, they should cop a bigger time out.

He has a permanent ban in place from the NRL for any reoffending, and rightly so. What he did was the pits, but if other players can get one more chance to play again, then so should he.

When we kicked out guys like James Roberts or Junior Vai Vai for example, who then signed for other clubs, I didn't hear anyone complaining.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It sounded like you were provoking violence.
how so?

saying you're quite comfortable saying the same thing to someone's face that you type about them on a keyboard?

tell me again how that is provoking violence?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Don't bother Muz, these few Souths fans think everyone should like Souths and all of their players, otherwise you're just a troll or specifically a Souths hater.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Don't bother Muz, these few Souths fans think everyone should like Souths and all of their players, otherwise you're just a troll or specifically a Souths hater.

I guess we have a bit to catch up with a club that has appointed one captain that was busted for drink driving, charged for assaulting a woman and arrested abusing and doing a runner from a cabbie.

The other copped a slap on the wrist for molesting a woman who decided not to press charges.

Classy

Jack_Napier

Staff member
and what exactly does any of that have to do with you Souths skirts crying when opposition fans don't like your players or club?

Well done on the "but what about your players" whinge as well. I'm guessing all Souths players are completely free of criticism despite a few of them having issues off the field right?

DiegoNT

First Grade
The whole subject of players coming back after committing a crime is a touchy one. as we are seeing in the shoulder charge debate, a one size fits all rule doesn't work, every case has to be reviewed on its own. The judicial system is based on a punishment and rehabilitation. If you don't make an attempt at rehabilitation your punishment is increased. We have to give people a chance at rehabilitation other wise people are likely to recommit crimes and you'd have a lot of people not being able to make a positive contribution to society because they've made one mistake in their life. People think letting guys like auva, wicks or fergo back into the game is condoning their crimes when it's more of a case of rewarding these guys with a place back in society for recognizing what they've done and making the changes in their lives to becoming better people. To come back into the nrl they've passed more stringent tests then any other person who has committed a crime has to to get their jobs back. Whether you can forgive these people for their crimes is a personal thing, but the nrl never takes these things lightly, as has been proven in the Todd carney case (repeat offender who never really rehabilitated himself). Personally I'd have thought Auva should of went to jail and should of had a longer suspension, but the people in the courts, the judges, the lawyers, the people involved with the nrl and Souths are a lot better qualified than me to make that call.

P.s I know people will say his performance in the field shows he hasn't been rehabilitated, but how a person acts on the field is different to how they act in life, Ennis and Hodges are perfect examples in that, both merkin in the field but reportably gentleman and respected by their peers of it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
and what exactly does any of that have to do with you Souths skirts crying when opposition fans don't like your players or club?

Well done on the "but what about your players" whinge as well. I'm guessing all Souths players are completely free of criticism despite a few of them having issues off the field right?

Fair enough.

To be honest, anything with this kind of incident has no winners.

Snappy

Coach
Good to see you support fans getting bashed at games

show me where I have said that you knob jockey. If you look at that actual thread you will see that I actually agree with his punishment.

However, what I dont agree with, is that Avuaa is back playing and some Souffs fans double standards.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
something i haven't noticed here (and i hope to god that i am proven wrong) is rabbitohs fans who agree that auva'a got off lightly & should have copped a harsher sentence...

alien

Referee
he got the sentence that he deserved, and he has completed that sentence and done what the nrl told him to do. time to move on