What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne to the NFL!

Will Jarryd Hayyne make it in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Who could ever want that? Surely, nobody.

Jarryd is doing what Jarryd wants. He has my blessing, because he did everything he could for Parra. He was a brilliant player and gave our club everything he could.
Anyone who says otherwise, is just a douchebag.

Suity

His timing was still shit. You don't tell your team that you are quitting when your boss is on holidays.

Mickyd39

Juniors
:lol:

There's actually been a few dicks on here talking/hoping of and about Jarryd's return.

TBH, I still don't know whether he will make it. Honestly I don't.
But I always said it from the start, and I think parra pete was the only one who backed me up, that I think Jarryd will make it because of the person he is. He is a strongly focused individual with enormous, extraordinarily mental and physical talents. He has faith, strong faith, which I admire, and he has a rare commodity in humans - self belief in his own talent and ability.
We all doubt ourselves at times, but it's only the bravest of the best of us that actually take our talents to the Nth degree.
Jarryd is one of those people who has the balls enough to try it. And, above and beyond all of that, he's had the balls enough to give up a hell of a life to do it.
I've, at times thought I could have gone on to bigger and better things than my mundane life in my chosen profession. But it was that next step, and the step after, that held me back, so I was content in my comfy everyday life experience that ultimately keeps me a satisfied human and feeds my kids. I've never really strived for more than that.

It's people like Jarryd that can be an inspiration to millions of young kids, and for someone like him who has already achieved so much, and has sacrificed so much more, for his dream...... I can only admire such courage.

He may have only been 26 when he left our club, but he is the greatest Eel that has ever worn the Blue and Gold in my eyes, and I have seen the best of them.........except Thornett.

Suity

Well said Suity, couldn't agree more.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I saw Thornett and I gotta tell ya there isnt a struck match between them.
Interestingly enough The Mayor left the game at the end of the 1968 season only to return for a final year in 1971. Hopefully its deja vu all over again.

strider

Post Whore
surely there must be something for people who are not at college but not good enough for NFL ???

or is that why so many yanks are fat slobs

Eelementary

Post Whore

Nope.

Rupeni was brilliant, but Hayne could do everything he could and more.

Hayne excelled for Australia, NSW, Fiji, Parramatta, and now he's giving the NFL a hot go.

I think you're the only one who would think that way, and maybe it's because you underestimate the enormity of the task Hayne undertook.

To go to the US to learn NFL and make a side after less than 12 months is staggering, and really shows what a supreme athleatathlete he is.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Jarryd is doing what Jarryd wants. He has my blessing, because he did everything he could for Parra. He was a brilliant player and gave our club everything he could.

Suity

Good post

Hayne is probably the most gifted player ever to pull on a league jersey. I wish he was still making stacks more cash playing over here and got the chance to take us to the promised land.

Chipmunk

Coach
Isn't that crap for lessor park players that still want to play.

Outside of this Arena Football League I don't think there is any kind of competition (outside of College Football) that would involve "semi-professional" players who could potentially be close to getting a run in NFL team. I'm sure there is social leagues, but I doubt this level of league is comparable to the NSW or QLD Cup equivalents.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Outside of this Arena Football League I don't think there is any kind of competition (outside of College Football) that would involve "semi-professional" players who could potentially be close to getting a run in NFL team. I'm sure there is social leagues, but I doubt this level of league is comparable to the NSW or QLD Cup equivalents.

Yeah I wasnt even thinking nsw/qld cup standard. I was more thinking a comp similar to NSW country where there are some pretty decent competitions for park players and a fair few are paid ( not huge money).

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I wasnt even thinking nsw/qld cup standard. I was more thinking a comp similar to NSW country where there are some pretty decent competitions for park players and a fair few are paid ( not huge money).

NFL in Canada has a $5m cap.

:lol:

There's actually been a few dicks on here talking/hoping of and about Jarryd's return.

TBH, I still don't know whether he will make it. Honestly I don't.
But I always said it from the start, and I think parra pete was the only one who backed me up, that I think Jarryd will make it because of the person he is. He is a strongly focused individual with enormous, extraordinarily mental and physical talents. He has faith, strong faith, which I admire, and he has a rare commodity in humans - self belief in his own talent and ability.
We all doubt ourselves at times, but it's only the bravest of the best of us that actually take our talents to the Nth degree.
Jarryd is one of those people who has the balls enough to try it. And, above and beyond all of that, he's had the balls enough to give up a hell of a life to do it.
I've, at times thought I could have gone on to bigger and better things than my mundane life in my chosen profession. But it was that next step, and the step after, that held me back, so I was content in my comfy everyday life experience that ultimately keeps me a satisfied human and feeds my kids. I've never really strived for more than that.

It's people like Jarryd that can be an inspiration to millions of young kids, and for someone like him who has already achieved so much, and has sacrificed so much more, for his dream...... I can only admire such courage.

He may have only been 26 when he left our club, but he is the greatest Eel that has ever worn the Blue and Gold in my eyes, and I have seen the best of them.........except Thornett.

Suity

Spot on.

Nope.

Rupeni was brilliant, but Hayne could do everything he could and more.

Hayne excelled for Australia, NSW, Fiji, Parramatta, and now he's giving the NFL a hot go.

I think you're the only one who would think that way, and maybe it's because you underestimate the enormity of the task Hayne undertook.

To go to the US to learn NFL and make a side after less than 12 months is staggering, and really shows what a supreme athleatathlete he is.

I'm not comparing skills but purely there athleticism. Rupeni was a winger in rugby and in his day the fastest there was, to this day the records that he set in the NZ Rugby speeds tests still stand. Hayne is fast but nothing like Rupeni, Hayne was beaten by that Aussie rugby guy, some guy that couldn't dream of being as fast as Rupeni.

Agility is a tough one to measure since its subjective, but just from watching the two Rupeni was far more agile.

Power is the only field where they may be a question mark, however Hayne recently took that 225 bench press competition and could get only a few reps out. Not very impressive tbh, you'd think Rupeni could do that easily.

Rupeni on his day was the most supreme back I've ever seen in world rugby and that's shocking considering how I'll disciplined he was. Just to give you an idea, when he was playing for the blues he use to turn up to training late, miss the warm up and use the training drills to warm up instead and he would still smoke everyone. The blues tried everything to get him under control, they bought him a house close to Eden park so 'traffic' would not make him late for training, you know what he, he took the house, drunk kava every night and skipped training all together then turn up in the weekend and carve up All Black players. There was a reason why NZ rugby tried moving heaven and earth to make eligible for the AB's but sadly it never happened and instead he just got fatter and fatter and fatter.

ash411

Bench
I've been cruising the 49'ers subreddit to see what the sentiment towards him has been since he made the move over there.

At the start it was unbelievably negative, people saying that he had no chance, because "The NFL is the bestest most awesomest thing of all the things, and only superman or some other super-human would have a chance trying to make an NFL team without playing the game their whole life".

I checked it out his morning, and most of the top threads are "All aboard the Hayne Hype train!" but many of them, to their credit have been eating humble pie, saying they were wrong about him, and are really excited to see him continue on.

The thing I find hilarious are the few stubborn ones that are clinging to the "He'll never make it" attitude, one guy was saying that nothing he did was impressive at all, and that he has no chance of making the squad.

My guess is that these people will have all their beliefs come crashing down if someone could come over from a different country, having never played the sport competitively, and do well inside of a year. making the roster of an NFL team, basically they can no longer believe that it takes at least 6-7 years to get to pro NFL level, regardless of beginning skill level.

It is nice to see a lot of US 49'ers fans get behind him though. He looked really great with the ball, but he needs more direction on what to do when he isn't the intended ball carrier, he was looking a little like he had no idea what he was supposed to do.

Looking forward to see him play against the Cowboys next week. Should be a good time.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Suity

:lol::lol:

And fully with you... :D

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Does the U.S. have smaller/lessor NFL comps, similar to our NSW country groups / qld regional comps ?

Lingerie Gridiron where the lads practise hardening up for entry into the NFL.

Lingerie_Football-League.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.