What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I would imagine that any third party payment made by a supporters group of a particular club to a player would be considered an inducement to play for that particular club, which is currently considered a payment that needs to be included under the salary cap.

If this sort of thing was allowed, why wouldn't clubs just give their non-club associated supporters club a "grant" of say $5 million to operate their supporters groups "operational expenses" and the supporters group deciding to dispurse their operational funds in order to pay players?[/QUOTE]

That's a paper trail that proves the commercial beneficial simpatico relationship but on the other hand there is no simpatico commercial beneficial relationship with a large group of Eels supporters nominating a player they've targeted to play for the club they support as fans.

A group of eels fans who are not commercially employed or gazetted by the Eels club to continually benefit commercially from such a unilateral relationship down-the-line will never be bound by NRL 3rd party rulings.

If they did then everyone who supports the Eels or any other NRL club, including all NRL franchises, can be sued by the NRL for using the internet or electricity or whatever commercially beneficial service is available to benefit both parties from such a commercial relationship between a club and the 3rd party service provider down-the-line.

You are barking up the wrong tree bro. :lol::lol::lol:

On a range of fronts, such an insane psychotic scenario leaves the door open for millions of fans to sue the NRL and the clubs if they want to because they will have all the incontrovertible evidence in place clearly revealing discrimination, yet alone fraud and other forms of blatant organised (privileged) crimes.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Have you seen or know the type of people in the Chairman's Lounge at Roosters Home Games.

No brainer why the Roosters have over a million dollars in TPA's.

Have no idea but considering his business interests and the board members the roosters have had over the years, I could only imagine a range of very wealthy VIP's along with the odd politician

Chipmunk

Coach
Have you seen or know the type of people in the Chairman's Lounge at Roosters Home Games.

No brainer why the Roosters have over a million dollars in TPA's.

Have no idea but considering his business interests and the board members the roosters have had over the years, I could only imagine a range of very wealthy VIP's along with the odd politician

I'm still guessing no one is getting paid from any account operated by a Sydney Roosters Supporters Group though.

Chipmunk

Coach
Ok... wait and see then?

The reason it wont work is because they wont get the cash, not because the NRL says something.

I don't think they'll get it together either, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

Let's put into simpler terms. If this scenario is allowed, what would then stop 5 extremely wealthy Sydney Roosters fans (or fans of any club for that matter), none of them sponsors, but all members of the club, putting in $1million each a year into a bank account and paying whatever players they like $5million a year just to play for the Roosters?

The issue isn't the people putting in the money, its how their paying it and what the stipulations are that is attached to the money that's the issue for the salary cap.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench

TV personalities, Developers, CEO's and Managing Directors of some wealthy companies and player managers.

They have no issues attracting 3rd party sponsors and people can bag Nick politis all they want, at the end of the day he brings in that money cause of the bloke he is.

Delboy

First Grade
Pete sharp is NRL and Wenty based to assist the coach.

I would think McDonnells role is the level under that and possibly alongside Sharp, also to keep DA away from player managers. :)

Have a look at Tigers results in NYC and junior reps,there are almost as many Parra juniors in those teams, obviously they have good scouting levels.

Bigfella

Coach
Tigers problem has been more in coaching, cap management and man management than pure talent identification I reckon.

Look at the talents they have had in their system in the last few years:

Brooks; Moses; Woods; Tedesco; pre injuries moltzen was highly sought after; solomona; the bloke who has gone to Penrith; plenty more.

They have been quite good in that area but have probably struggled to sign name players.

The Colonel

Immortal
So we are poaching the recruitment manager of a club doing worse than us???

Pete sharp is NRL and Wenty based to assist the coach.

I would think McDonnells role is the level under that and possibly alongside Sharp, also to keep DA away from player managers. :)

Have a look at Tigers results in NYC and junior reps,there are almost as many Parra juniors in those teams, obviously they have good scouting levels.

Tigers problem has been more in coaching, cap management and man management than pure talent identification I reckon.

Look at the talents they have had in their system in the last few years:

Brooks; Moses; Woods; Tedesco; pre injuries moltzen was highly sought after; solomona; the bloke who has gone to Penrith; plenty more.

They have been quite good in that area but have probably struggled to sign name players.

The big issue for the Tigers has been once they find a talented kid, they let everyone in front of him go and push him well before he has matured in first grade. They don't let them mature before they are playing first grade. They then suffer inconsistency before they are let go for the next kid.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't think they'll get it together either, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

Let's put into simpler terms. If this scenario is allowed, what would then stop 5 extremely wealthy Sydney Roosters fans (or fans of any club for that matter), none of them sponsors, but all members of the club, putting in $1million each a year into a bank account and paying whatever players they like $5million a year just to play for the Roosters?

The issue isn't the people putting in the money, its how their paying it and what the stipulations are that is attached to the money that's the issue for the salary cap.

Do you think something along these lines is not happening???

But, to answer the $1million question - is there a sporting fan who is willing to chip in a million bucks a year for a player? Yes, there are some wealthy people around, but to that extent?
Do you think Nick Politis doesn't scratch the back of people who scratch his? Would not shock me in the slightest to learn that some mate of Nicks (who also supports the Roosters) has been chucking in $50k per year to make sure they can keep (or sign) player X. In return they get a discount on their fleet deal (or something). I'm sure there are bigger fish than the $5k the other site will be able to scrabble together...

Delboy

First Grade
The leading try scorer in NYC is a Para junior playing at the Tigers, McDonnell I think had some influence in setting up the Keebra Park school in Qld for canetoads and kiwis to attend

I think I may have mentioned it before, the kid scored 4 tries in a SG Ball trial, but as he was from a 2nd Div club, he was not even picked for further trials, the Tigers got him soon after. They are in our district even now asking players as young as 14 to transfer to clubs in their district to qualify for Matts, not saying it's right but they are very pro active.

Chipmunk

Coach
Do you think something along these lines is not happening???

But, to answer the $1million question - is there a sporting fan who is willing to chip in a million bucks a year for a player? Yes, there are some wealthy people around, but to that extent?
Do you think Nick Politis doesn't scratch the back of people who scratch his? Would not shock me in the slightest to learn that some mate of Nicks (who also supports the Roosters) has been chucking in $50k per year to make sure they can keep (or sign) player X. In return they get a discount on their fleet deal (or something). I'm sure there are bigger fish than the $5k the other site will be able to scrabble together...

I'll guarantee you that none of them are paying players from some account associated with some sort of Roosters supporters group.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'll guarantee you that none of them are paying players from some account associated with some sort of Roosters supporters group.

And so your basic premise is that whatever the other mob do, they will be so moronic as to label it 'Parramatta Eels Supporters Account Groupfunding' (or Pesag). Otherwise it will be fairly easy to hide, no?

Actually, you're probably right, they will label it Pesag.

Chipmunk

Coach
And so your basic premise is that whatever the other mob do, they will be so moronic as to label it 'Parramatta Eels Supporters Account Groupfunding' (or Pesag). Otherwise it will be fairly easy to hide, no?

Actually, you're probably right, they will label it Pesag.

My premise is that under no circumstances can I see any possibility of the NRL allowing a supporters group of any club making any kind of payment that would be classified as a third party agreement to any of their own players that will not be counted under the salary cap under any circumstances under the current NRL salary cap rules.

On what planet would the supporters group of say Parra, be happy to provide third party payments to players of say the Cowboys? No planet. So in doing say, the payment by the Parramatta supporters would be on the proviso that the player plays for Parra (and the NRL would clearly be able to join the dots on this one), which is an inducement to play for a particular club and currently against NRL salary cap regulations,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.