What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Anyone got a video of the match winner he scored last night?

Not me and I can't find any footage of it online either. An 80 metre try involving speed and plenty of power - almost felt sorry for the Bulldogs fullback.

Mind you Latrell needs to work on his ball security from kick returns. 2 dropped balls saw the Buldogs score 2 tries from the resulting sets of 6 in the game.

Packy

Bench
Good run. Why the fullback went shoulders at him I don't know. Doesn't look like there is an easy place to tackle him though.

Packy

Bench
Su'A was a certain starter in every game he played. The only reason he isn't in the team at the moment is because of an arrangement he has with his high school where he isn't allowed to play for a period of time.

FMD Union is a petty place. Particularly this kids school.. known for teachers fiddling kids... kids f**king head masters dogs.. A real stellar place. But don't let them play that other sport... Yucky.

So I was watching this highlights package of Inglis the other day and it's surprising to see how much he's slipped. Inglis a few years ago was far move illusive and faster. I think Latrell is more like the Inglis of today who uses his big frame a lot rather then his speed and movement. I don't know if he could be like the Inglis of early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUillQJdYU

lafai

Bench
Will he be fullback for the Chooks next year? Or will it be someone like Fergo or Burgess

Will he be fullback for the Chooks next year? Or will it be someone like Fergo or Burgess

Word around the traps is the Roosters first grade fullback in 2016 is likely to be Blake Ferguson.

Trent Robinson has previously said publicly, in relation to Latrell Mitchell, that he wants to ease him into first grade on the wing, like he did with RTS in 2013.

Talking about ferguson, he's kind of like Inglis too. But in the opposite sense of Mitchell, he's got the fend and is more illusive then Inglis but doesn't have the upper body to bulldoze over his opponents like GI and Mitchell do.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Would love to see him lock horns with GI in Round 1 next year. GI was a big inspiration for Latrell growing up and it would be awesome to see them pitted against each other master vs apprentice style.

Would love to see him lock horns with GI in Round 1 next year. GI was a big inspiration for Latrell growing up and it would be awesome to see them pitted against each other master vs apprentice style.

What are you crazy or something? GI would eat him up at that age, a better match would be Ferguson vs Inglis.

Big Pete

Referee
Kalyn Ponga

R20 (Bench) - 6 Runs (60m), 1 Offload, 4 Tackles, 3 Missed Tackles
R21 (Fullback) - 1 Try, 1 Goal, 10 Runs (182m), 1 Line-Break, 4 Tackles, 1 Missed
R22 (Fullback) - 2 Tries, 18 Runs (285m), 1 Line-Break, 1 Offload, 7 Tackles, 2 Missed, 1 Error

Only 17 years old, returning from a serious illness that threatened his life.

The guy is going to be amazing.

NYCDB

Juniors
3 tries last night as well, 6 in 4 games now. Saw him play for the first time last weekend against Cronulla and he was great. Easily the youngest player on the field too.

Kalyn Ponga

R20 (Bench) - 6 Runs (60m), 1 Offload, 4 Tackles, 3 Missed Tackles
R21 (Fullback) - 1 Try, 1 Goal, 10 Runs (182m), 1 Line-Break, 4 Tackles, 1 Missed
R22 (Fullback) - 2 Tries, 18 Runs (285m), 1 Line-Break, 1 Offload, 7 Tackles, 2 Missed, 1 Error

Only 17 years old, returning from a serious illness that threatened his life.

The guy is going to be amazing.

By comparison, Latrell Mitchell's last 3 games (all starting at fullback) -

Round 21: 15 runs for 323 metres, 1 try, 3 goals, 1 line break, 6 tackles, 2 missed, 3 errors.
Round 22: 10 runs for 158 metres, 1 try, 4 goals, 2 line breaks, 1 offload, 8 tackles, 0 misses, 3 errors.
Round 23: 15 runs for 139 metres, 3 tries, 5 goals, 2 line breaks, 8 tackles, 1 missed, 2 errors.

Latrell only turned 18 back in June this year.

Latest posts