What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years early. His contract runs out end of 2017.

And Dollar Des will cut whoever he thinks he needs to and not bat an eyelid. If he things Tolman is surplus to needs he will cut him.

Only if he can without a payout. It would need to be a mutually agreed termination and for Tolmen to have a club to go to willing to pay him going rate. Otherwise the Bulldogs would be paying him out his remaining contract money which counts against the cap, thus negating any potential saving.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Only if he can without a payout. It would need to be a mutually agreed termination and for Tolmen to have a club to go to willing to pay him going rate. Otherwise the Bulldogs would be paying him out his remaining contract money which counts against the cap, thus negating any potential saving.

I'm well aware of the fact the Bulldogs would have to pay anything another club was not willing to pay to meet his current agreed salary.

Where was I talking about "negating any potential saving"?

I'd be reasonably sure Dollar Des and the CEO there have a pretty good grasp of the numbers and know at what price its of benefit to let him go even if they do have to kick in some of the contract.

I'd also imagine the Knights would be pretty bloody keen to get him on their books and do so without paying much less than what the Bulldogs already do.

RWB

Bench
Letting an off contract player go to another club is not the same as releasing a player 3 years early

I wasn't arguing that point, you think contracts mean a player won't leave a club, I'll agree to disagree with you there.

The point I was arguing was his vice-captaincy, as Des and other string pullers at your club proved last year, if you're willing to let your captain go for an untested 20's player then letting your vice captain go for Moses Mbye is clearly something they would't have an issue in doing if they thought it was the right thing for the club moving forward.

History shows his leadership role doesn't mean he's not going anywhere and I think history has shown repeatedly a contract doesn't mean he's not going anywhere either.

It certainly puts them in a position of strength to negotiate with David Klemmer who comes off contract next year, being able to guarantee him a starting spot from 2016 and beyond.

Losing Tolman for Klemmer & Mbye makes perfect sense.

ek999

First Grade
I wasn't arguing that point, you think contracts mean a player won't leave a club, I'll agree to disagree with you there.

The point I was arguing was his vice-captaincy, as Des and other string pullers at your club proved last year, if you're willing to let your captain go for an untested 20's player then letting your vice captain go for Moses Mbye is clearly something they would't have an issue in doing if they thought it was the right thing for the club moving forward.

History shows his leadership role doesn't mean he's not going anywhere and I think history has shown repeatedly a contract doesn't mean he's not going anywhere either.

It certainly puts them in a position of strength to negotiate with David Klemmer who comes off contract next year, being able to guarantee him a starting spot from 2016 and beyond.

Losing Tolman for Klemmer & Mbye makes perfect sense.

Bulldogs did try to keep Ennis to help with Lichaa's development. Sharks just offered him a better deal which he rightfully took

dogslife

Coach
:lol: f**k me, you can dribble

I don't know if you're comparing Barba to Ennis or Tolman, either way they're still not similar. People are claiming Tolman is unwanted due to salary cap constraints. Barba was clearly still wanted at the Dogs but your scummy club offered him a deal despite him being under contract. Bet he's glad he took that the one

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach

I don't know if you're comparing Barba to Ennis or Tolman, either way they're still not similar. People are claiming Tolman is unwanted due to salary cap constraints. Barba was clearly still wanted at the Dogs but your scummy club offered him a deal despite him being under contract. Bet he's glad he took that the one

Pretty sure he was refering to the Broncos letting Barba go to the Sharks despite him having several years left on his contract

On the topic of Tolman. Id not be surprised if the Knights offered him exactly what he was getting at the Dogs if not more. They are down on front row stocks and would kill of a player of his quality

eozsmiles

Bench
Tolman signed a four year deal two years ago didn't he? Wages have surged for top 17 players since then, particularly "marquee" type purchases. If he left now, he'd probably get a new four year deal on much better money at another club. He should be stoked.

dogslife

Coach
Pretty sure he was refering to the Broncos letting Barba go to the Sharks despite him having several years left on his contract

On the topic of Tolman. Id not be surprised if the Knights offered him exactly what he was getting at the Dogs if not more. They are down on front row stocks and would kill of a player of his quality

Good point.

Kiwi

First Grade

Barba at both clubs really, if the dogs wanted to keep Barba they would have, he was contracted to them still with 2 years left.

Stranga

Juniors

:lol:

woosh

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Well done making a dick of yourself. If you don't want Tolman, we'll have him.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I am hearing Robbie Farah to South Sydney. Word on the street is Tigers are in big trouble with the cap for 2016 and Souths need to replace Luke.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You are hearing the Tigers press release saying exactly this?

I'd be thinking GC is most likely, he nearly went there a few years back, they'd have the most cash and need a hooker. He is also tight with Greg Bird and would probably be co captain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.