What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

eozsmiles

Bench
Î don't really care too much what people do and you can't tell them what to do, so skipping rep footy means nothing. Watching him play is fun, he's almost a throwback now in the era of 2nd rowers playing centre. Natural footballer.

ram raid

Bench
The thing about Lyon over the years is he just doesn't make mistakes... apart from missing kicks at goal.... From memory he threw 2 intercept passes in 1 game V the Panthers last year... I reckon apart from those 2 you'd be hard pressed to find another handful in his NRL career.... The man is a professional is every sense.

If he was a character on Arrested Development, he'd be this guy;

tumblr_m4f4u68mVJ1qcm16uo1_500.jpg

"I'll just duck behind that garbage can"

Red Bear

Referee
I was about to say, it seems like Gasnier can't get a run anymore. Despite never living up to the praise from certain circles, Gaz was still a supreme talent with a highlights reel that was every bit as good as Lyon's and Hodges. In fact, you could easily make the argument that at their (Hodges and Gasnier) peaks (2006), Gasnier was the better player.

On Lyon, what impresses me most is just as it appeared he was slowing down and been figured out, he comes out against Brisbane and puts on one of, if not the best performance of any centre this season. Like Smith, he doesn't really look like much but some of the passes, kicks, foot-work he's able to put on is too much.

For mine, he's the ultimate team player and judging from the anecdote Hindmarsh shared, a really good influence on those around him.

While he's absolutely destroyed my team on occasions, he's a pleasure to watch and richly deserves any praise that comes his way.

Gasnier was a gun and on his day every bit as good as them, but on the basis of consistency, i dont think he is on their level.

Lyon and Hodges in a class of their own imo
As I mentioned earlier, people were bringing up Jennings as next behind Hodges Lyon and Inglis, when I think gasnier was much better than he has been and belongs in the conversation with the first three.

Probably could've been better than he was also, considering the shifts to 5/8 (stupid), injuries and Yawnion sabatical.

POPEYE

Coach
From what I have heard previously, his walking away from Parramatta was justified and I would have done the same if I was him

Best guess is he thought Brian Smith was a f**kwit, which is justified, and refused to be coached by him. He'd rather return to bush footy instead. He went to England because Parra said he couldn't play NRL. Only when the Eels pissed Smith off did he decide to come home and offer Parra his services

When he came back to Australia still recognised by anyone with at least an average IQ as the best centre on the planet there was a cacophony of wankers, solidly led by Parra supporters, saying things like 'How can he be allowed to walk straight into rep footy after walking away from the mighty Eels

Manly realised before how good the bloke was, any player that Parra doesn't want usually proves them wrong, so instead of trying to argue his case against imbeciles he told rep footy to go f**k itself. Manly ended up with the best centre in the game, always available for club games and more true to his word than any other player

coolsteve

Juniors
Best guess is he thought Brian Smith was a f**kwit, which is justified, and refused to be coached by him. He'd rather return to bush footy instead. He went to England because Parra said he couldn't play NRL. Only when the Eels pissed Smith off did he decide to come home and offer Parra his services

When he came back to Australia still recognised by anyone with at least an average IQ as the best centre on the planet there was a cacophony of wankers, solidly led by Parra supporters, saying things like 'How can he be allowed to walk straight into rep footy after walking away from the mighty Eels

Manly realised before how good the bloke was, any player that Parra doesn't want usually proves them wrong, so instead of trying to argue his case against imbeciles he told rep footy to go f**k itself. Manly ended up with the best centre in the game, always available for club games and more true to his word than any other player

yup. exactly how it happened. and brian smith is a f#ckwit.

Latest posts