What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

pcpp

Juniors
9145 @ WIN

I think people expecting Thursday Night crowds to be a lot better than Monday Night when it becomes a regular feature in 2018 are in for a bit of a surprise...

user_nat

Coach
9145 @ WIN

I think people expecting Thursday Night crowds to be a lot better than Monday Night when it becomes a regular feature in 2018 are in for a bit of a surprise...

They shouldn't be.. the only difference between Thursday and Monday is a slightly later kick off time.. and the channel of broadcast.

9145 @ WIN

Yep. If anything, FTA broadcast will keep many more at home

Sleep

Juniors
9145 @ WIN

I'd be surprised if it was even that. Half an hour before kick off you could find a five cent piece you'd dropped on the hill or sat anywhere you like in the stands.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It may require a bit of creative thinking. Something like every THursday night is $30 for families, $15 for adults. Special deal on the best seating at each ground. Anything to get the crowds to an acceptable level on that night.

Sleep

Juniors
It was $27 for general admission to the hill last night. A guy down at the front of the line asked if they were serious and left.

pHyR3

Juniors
It was $27 for general admission to the hill last night. A guy down at the front of the line asked if they were serious and left.

buy it online, usually $5 cheaper if you buy before the agme. :roll:

and yup, thats the cost of crappy suburban grounds. i pay less than $10 a game for my GA tigers ANZ membership. Get about 7 or 8 games out of it too

Hows it tracking tonight SLR? Do we dare hope for more tham 15k

Seriously, Souths/Bulldogs should be 25k minimum no excuses two of the bigger supporter groups in NSW there's a serious crowd problem if this game can't draw a crowd there what will. If GWS/Swans get a bigger crowd than Roosters/Broncos or Souths/Broncos then there is a serious problem is the supposed heartland of the game.

True heartland have big crowds for the big blockbusters simple as that.

insert.pause

First Grade
Seriously, Souths/Bulldogs should be 25k minimum no excuses two of the bigger supporter groups in NSW there's a serious crowd problem if this game can't draw a crowd there what will. If GWS/Swans get a bigger crowd than Roosters/Broncos or Souths/Broncos then there is a serious problem is the supposed heartland of the game.

True heartland have big crowds for the big blockbusters simple as that.

25k? they should get 35k+ and that's being modest

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hows it tracking tonight SLR? Do we dare hope for more tham 15k

Not sure man. Gold is only selling in 408. They are selling category silver in 126, which is marked as GA? I don't really know how to track ANZ, but it doesn't seem as good as the Bulldogs v Parra crowd early on that was 28. No real Idea though.

Ice_Storm

Juniors
Yeah should be 30k, especially with the cheap family tickets.

If these two can't pull 40,000+ tonight - unless it's wet(all the more reason for undercover stadiums in Sydney) - Houston we have a problem. And all Sydney NRL clubs can't ever whinge about not getting enough of the profits from the TV rights,

Novel idea here. How about generate your own profit through increased attendance at home games?