What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Bulldog Force

Referee
bulletproof-poster-netflix.jpg

alien

Referee
The new Fantastic 4 movie is OK. They didn't really explain why the teleporter sent them to the "other dimension" instead of somewhere else on Earth or somewhere else, but it was OK.

I liked The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie.

nöyd

Staff member
Maniac starring Elijah Wood

Pretty similar to the original, however it missed that late 70's/early 80's slasher era feel, which was prominent in the original, mostly due to the excellent make-up and fx by Tom Savini (who also appeared in the original film and had his head literally blown off).

I'll give it 6/10 - watchable but definitely not a masterpiece. I especially liked the first person perspective that Woods character was shot from for most of the film.

vvvrulz

Coach
Going on a bit of a Tarantino run.

Jackie Brown (for the first time) 7/10 - Definitely far more low key but has all the classic Tarantino-isms
Kill Bill vol one 8/10 - Even better than I remembered

mackdadday

Juniors
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Loved it. Silly but good silly.
'I'm Cold! -Doctor he needs more blankets!
I'M Hot! -Doctor he needs less blankets!
I'M Hot AND Cold! -Doctor he needs less blankets and more blankets!'
8/10

vvvrulz

Coach
Kill Bill vol 2 - 7.5/10, enjoyed it much more the second time realizing its a different genre to vol 1
Django Unchained - 8/10, some of his best work
Inglorious Basters - 8/10, this too
Death Proof - 7/10, if I didn't realise what its trying to be then I would have loathed it, still not very good but had its moments
Planet Terror - 7/10, typical Robert Rodriguez, lots of fun if you enjoy his type of thing

Wizardman

First Grade
Kill Bill vol 2 - Very underrated.....enjoyed it more than the first one (which is saying something).
Django Unchained - Good watch.
Inglorious Basters - This one disappointed me. Apart from the awesome first scene (which is one of the greatest Tarantino scenes of all time), I thought it was average.
Death Proof / Planet Terror - I hated both.

nöyd

Staff member
Mannequin (under the wife's influence)

James Spader - the f**k were you thinking?!?!?!?

Aragorn

First Grade
'71

very good film, about the IRA and a british soldier left stranded over-night in the streets of northern ireland.

One to watch if you get the chance.

Aragorn

First Grade
John Wick

The man you send to kill the booyeman!

Reeves was probaby not the best cast for the role though. I think someone like a Denzel Washington would have killed it.