What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
his star has never shined so bright as right now - his current profile is huge .... even his 2009 performance, which was better than anything I think I will EVER see in league in my lifetime, didn't get him the attention he's getting now

There are numerous stories about him every day on the various media websites ... I know he's providing enormous click bait on the SMH

The whole "branding" talk is interesting ... I cannot see he would have ever been successful enough just playing footy here in australia - there just wouldn't be the money in it - even as the best player in league (there would always be arguments about whether he even is and there will always be aussies trying to knock him down) .... but now he's a hit 15,000km away in the NFL his brand is huge and everyone wants a bit - so great timing for what he is doing - but I don't think it could be successful in australia

Gronk

Staff member
To me, that show reel highlights Hayne as peerless at fullback. The modern game's supreme No.1 and way ahead of Slater IMHO.

Discussion worthy however is the fact that his rep career was patchyt as he only featured in 11 games for his country from 2007 to 2013 - none at fullback.

For his state he played 20/24 games 2007 to 2014 with 14 on the wing, and only 6 at fullback.

An inconsistent player or a victim of his versatility ?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Slater had Cronk and Smith all his career to help out run/call the majority of plays, this for state and country as well

Hayne didn't have anyone near that calibre of player, most times he was a lone wolf for our attack

No fluke Hayne gets a whole SOO series at FB and we win the title, as dominating and star studded as QLD are.

oldmancraigy

Coach
To me, that show reel highlights Hayne as peerless at fullback. The modern game's supreme No.1 and way ahead of Slater IMHO.

Discussion worthy however is the fact that his rep career was patchyt as he only featured in 11 games for his country from 2007 to 2013 - none at fullback.

For his state he played 20/24 games 2007 to 2014 with 14 on the wing, and only 6 at fullback.

An inconsistent player or a victim of his versatility ?

There is also the whole incumbency thing, and the geniused Blues selectors. Because Hayne didn't get to play FB for NSW (KIDLEY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL) enough, he couldn't outpoint Slater enough times at that level, and the selectors most likely thought 'oh well, he is young, he will be our next FB, we will just keep Slater there for now, and pick Hayne on the wing'.
Hard to say 'dump Slater for Hayne' when QLD kept winning (because NSW didn't pick their best player in his best position).

[[Don't forget Hayne also missed games due to his personal injuries.]]

forward pass

Coach
[[Don't forget Hayne also missed games due to his personal injuries.]]

Is there another kind?

Watching that video, I can think of so many more incredible things he has done which are not even in that clip. Just amazing some of the things he did.

I really hope the club get the chance one day to let the fans farewell him properly with a lap around Pirtek. It should be done.

Bigfella

Coach
Victim of:

Playing with awful halves and dummy halves most of his career;
Playing under poor coaches;
Playing for a cellar dwelling team;
The worst selection decisions imaginable by NSW over a very long period of time;
Jealousy from his own supporters some of whom wanted to bring him down as selfish or lazy which his nsw and 49er teammates know is complete horseshit.

Which is why he was probably the most underrated player of his generation even though he received plenty of accolades.

Bartman hated him I think because he clashed with Anderson or possibly because he played his best when 3P came in. That's just f**ked in the head.

HJ had a campaign against him which IMO was just attention seeking and trying to generate attention based in hayne's profile.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is there another kind?

Watching that video, I can think of so many more incredible things he has done which are not even in that clip. Just amazing some of the things he did.

I really hope the club get the chance one day to let the fans farewell him properly with a lap around Pirtek. It should be done.

In that video there is virtually nothing from his time on the wing/centre/five-eighth. Which means there is around 3 years worth of games where Hayne did some remarkable stuff that don't feature in that vid.

Avenger

Immortal
He is the best player I have ever seen and We should feel privileged to say that he played for our team. I wish him all the best and know his star will continue to shine.

yy_cheng

Coach
Even my mates are following him at the 49ers and they aren't even eels fans. One is a doggies fan too.

He should make the specials team in his rookie year and then bigger and better things afterwards

T.S Quint

Coach
Definitely the most talented in terms of skill set and athletically gifted.

But it's hard to dethrone Andrew Johns as the most talented player I've ever seen.
Neck-and-neck between them but.

Gronk

Staff member
^^ From Gordy's link above

IF JARRYD HAYNE DOESN'T MAKE THE 53-MAN ROSTER ON SEPTEMBER 5
At 4pm ET on September 5, each team must reduce their rosters from 75 to 53.

Every player who hasn't been in the NFL for more than four years is subject to waivers. The waiver process is a 20-hour period where any team can put in a claim for a player who has been cut from an NFL team roster.

If the 49ers want to keep Hayne on their additional 10-man practice squad, they have to hope no team adds Jarryd Hayne to their 53-man roster before midday on September 6.

Waiver priority goes in the order of last year's draft, so the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would have first crack at Hayne, followed by the Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and New York Jets.

Hayne would leave under the current contract he has with the 49ers, which is a three-year deal worth $US1.58 million ($2.22 million).

If no team selects Hayne in the 20-hour waiver period, the 49ers have the chance to add him to their 10-man practice squad. However, Hayne is also free to take up offers from rival clubs who can pick him on their practice squad or active roster.

If no team picks up Hayne, which seems highly unlikely, the future is in Hayne's hands.

Gronk

Staff member
The Mole is reporting on twitter that Hayne is telling his family and besties that he made the 53 man cut.

Is this plausible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts