What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cappy and his fellow coaches

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The relationship ended pretty sourly, do we really want our ex back?

We should go for the new hot babe (Nathan Brown could fit the bill)

Pardon the description, I just started with it and had to go on with it

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The relationship ended pretty sourly, do we really want our ex back?

We should go for the new hot babe (Nathan Brown could fit the bill)

Pardon the description, I just started with it and had to go on with it

Did it end that sourly? We made the GF, and the management that didn't resign him are gone. I don't honk there's much bad blood there tbh

Some of you have rose coloured memories of Ivan. He coached such a boring style of football. And didn't he want Stacey to play yet another year? Luckily Stacey knew it wasn't going to work.

lol Colored memories of us making the finals a load more yup

We need structure and he is the man for that

Boring style would be inept with our class attacking players

You want to stick it out with Cappy then?

Iron Lion

Juniors
Neither Cappy or Clearly are the answer. They both suck.

Clearly sucks a little less though, anyhow arnt we signing cappy to a 10 year deal?....................

Rich102

Staff member
lol Colored memories of us making the finals a load more yup

We need structure and he is the man for that

Boring style would be inept with our class attacking players

You want to stick it out with Cappy then?

No. But I want a proven coach.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Some of you have rose coloured memories of Ivan. He coached such a boring style of football. And didn't he want Stacey to play yet another year? Luckily Stacey knew it wasn't going to work.

Some of us remember playing in finals, and that it was a reasonable amount of fun. That hasn't happened since Ivan was here. Boring? I remember 8-6 v Storm at home in 2008 I think it was, I remember that epic effort at Penrith on our own line...I'll take that boring over the shit we've been dealt up since Ivan left.

Ivan IS a proven coach. As someone else said, finals in 4 of 6 years with us with the other two years having major issues. Last year, a shandy off another GF to add to the 2011 one. He hasn't won a premiership but he can flat out coach don't kid yourself about that.

I can't fathom how you wouldn't want a guy back with his record with us.

Rich102

Staff member
Some of us remember playing in finals, and that it was a reasonable amount of fun. That hasn't happened since Ivan was here. Boring? I remember 8-6 v Storm at home in 2008 I think it was, I remember that epic effort at Penrith on our own line...I'll take that boring over the shit we've been dealt up since Ivan left.

Ivan IS a proven coach. As someone else said, finals in 4 of 6 years with us with the other two years having major issues. Last year, a shandy off another GF to add to the 2011 one. He hasn't won a premiership but he can flat out coach don't kid yourself about that.

I can't fathom how you wouldn't want a guy back with his record with us.

"Last year, a shandy off another GF to add to the 2011 one." and now? 15th.
That's why.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Clearly can steady a ship but that's about it, if Phil Gould is willing to let him go after all that praise he lauded upon his original signing what does that tell you? - If clearly arrives back at the warriors then most of you will have your wish, id quit, id finally give up and choose a new side.

Warriors throw the checkbook at Daniel Anderson ffs

Iron Lion

Juniors
x2

The Cleary hate is the stangest thing on this forum
He's not coming apparently so it's all moot anyway

Hate is a very strong word, I dont think its that at all. Clearly is a good stabilizing influence on a club and hell this club probably needs that right now BUT ...He would be a step backwards again, he isnt a great strategist coach nor is he a people motivator. He dulled the Warriors something chronic here and the only attacking play he developed was bomb it to Manu.

If you want an upgrade on Clearly go for Kearney. Conservative enough coach with expansive enough gameplan serving under Bennett right now he would be the right man for the Job.

byrner

Juniors
Hate is a very strong word, I dont think its that at all. Clearly is a good stabilizing influence on a club and hell this club probably needs that right now BUT ...He would be a step backwards again, he isnt a great strategist coach nor is he a people motivator. He dulled the Warriors something chronic here and the only attacking play he developed was bomb it to Manu.

If you want an upgrade on Clearly go for Kearney. Conservative enough coach with expansive enough gameplan serving under Bennett right now he would be the right man for the Job.

As a Parramatta fan who has a soft spot for the Warriors, don't wish Kearny on yourselves. His strategy at Parramatta consisted of playing a video of storm games and pointing at players telling them to play like their storm counterparts.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure why there's Kearney love tbh - not proven in any sense in the NRL

Izz

Bench
"Last year, a shandy off another GF to add to the 2011 one." and now? 15th.
That's why.
Have you seen Penrith's injury list this year? For large parts of the season they've basically had to trot out a 3rd-grade side. Yet, they've pretty much still competed in all their games.