What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which current hookers are better than Rein

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Heath lestrange. Straightens the attack, and creates space for the backs. The Dragons winning streak started when they bought lestrange on for Rein against Canberra.

Rein is a good dummy half runner, good defender, and he has been able to score tries against tired opposition. but his passing is slow and I think he's one of the reasons our attack often falters.

BennyV

Referee
I don't agree, Rein is an X factor and will only improve in the basics.
What he needs is to be coached to his potential. get rid of millward.

Lol please...he has been in first grade for 4 years and has played hooker his whole career, when exactly is he expected to pick up the basics like consistently passing well from the ground? That has nothing to do with forwards. He has a good running game and good defence, inconsistent with decision making and below average passing. Cant wait forever for him to develop the basics.

BennyV

Referee
lmao @ Rein an x factor.

Champagne comedy

More like XXX factor - everything he touches, he f**ks, AMIRITE?!

cn_chimpanzee_laughing_animals_ss_ml_130625_ssh.jpg

Emu01

Juniors
Rein has been one of our best this year..With a couple of big forwards we have signed for next season Mitch will have more opportunities and have an even better season in 16.

grouch

First Grade
Rein has been one of our best this year..With a couple of big forwards we have signed for next season Mitch will have more opportunities and have an even better season in 16.

People have been saying that pretty much every year of his career. It's like waiting for Godot.

grouch

First Grade
I can't believe they let the muppet back in.

I was never banned. I just went on a lovely holiday to warmer climes in the northern hemisphere. Something I'd never consider during footy season in the old days, for fear of missing some great Dragons action. I suppose the good thing about our slide into mediocrity is that fear is gone

possm

Coach
We have a geat opportunity to secure a high quality hooker at half price. I'm sure Benji could talk Farah into joining the Dragons and faily confident the Tigers would take Rein in the deal. It's a no-brainer and so I would not be suprised to find that our recuritment people are already in talks with Farah's manager.

The Dragons have tamed Dugan, Marshall and possibly Garvey. All it would take is a few extra clauses in Farah's contract onlong with a an attitude change and we would be a force to be reconned with next year.

BennyV

Referee

As has been mentioned ad nauseum, its not his ability to get a role on thats an issue. Our forwards have stood up this year and its has seen a big improvement in Reins game. However, his issues lie with the very basics - consistently passing to the receiver quickly and accurately, and making decisions under fatigue. After 4 years in first grade, he isnt just going to pick these up.

Datramp

Juniors
The hell? Didnt he win us a game a few games back when benji was out?. Last game didnt he score a try and make plenty of meters? Man the guy cant win here. He has been one of our best (would argue the best after ah mau) player in the team all year. Nightengale and dugan have been down on form but no lets slam rein........

The Nick

Bench
I was never banned. I just went on a lovely holiday to warmer climes in the northern hemisphere. Something I'd never consider during footy season in the old days, for fear of missing some great Dragons action. I suppose the good thing about our slide into mediocrity is that fear is gone

Don't they have the internet up there? Learn sumfin new erryday!

V

Vasilevsky

Agree with most other than the following:-
Dragons - Garvey is better than Rein
Dogs - Cook is better than Rein and Lichae is also better
Manly - Ballin is better
Canberra - both hookers are better
Warriors - Friend better and Havilli is better than Rein
Titans - Shrama is better

That is my take. Rein needs to move on.

I'm with most others. His running game is good, he is a tackling machine and his passing out of dummy half is absolutely atrocious.

Latest posts