What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hutchinson .... I'm sorry

Wittenberg

Juniors
I thought he was not up to first grade standard. He is. His first half was superb. His kicking game was impressive, he tackled well and began to direct teammates. In the second half he went missing a bit but the attacking structure seemed to change as it went more to Benji. He is built like a lock and he plays like one. I especially liked how he was smashed just before halftime but he got up while the Tiger who had put on the hit had to receive treatment.He will develop well next year if today is any indication. To be honest I sat at the ground and at one point thought Bird's loss might not be the disaster we thought. We need to not put too much on the kid but boy I was impressed. Sorry lad I was very, very wrong.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I thought he was not up to first grade standard. He is. His first half was superb. His kicking game was impressive, he tackled well and began to direct teammates. In the second half he went missing a bit but the attacking structure seemed to change as it went more to Benji. He is built like a lock and he plays like one. I especially liked how he was smashed just before halftime but he got up while the Tiger who had put on the hit had to receive treatment.He will develop well next year if today is any indication. To be honest I sat at the ground and at one point thought Bird's loss might not be the disaster we thought. We need to not put too much on the kid but boy I was impressed. Sorry lad I was very, very wrong.

Well said. He's a Dragons junior too :D

TruSaint

Referee

I was like you. Very dubious. He's a good one.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Aitken went well too.........gee I wonder how many other juniors we are hiding away, because " they are not ready for first grade yet."

Jubileeboy

First Grade
you will see some next year as the list of players moving on is massive.

Which will no doubt evoke a whole lot of:
- why are we not signing superstars?
- why don't we sign so and so....?
- why do we have so many juniors in our squad?
- we don't sign enough depth players.

Spud 13

Juniors
Would be great to see a camera shot of how his field goal shot came off the boot before Farrah got there? He might have won us the game right there?

Elias1983

Coach
Yeah our future half this kid.

That first half was solid, kicking was awesome and he showed he can defend when he pulled off a beautifull try saving tackle in the second half.

I'f he continues to grow I'd be putting him as starting half 2017 or whenever benjis contract is up.

FlameThrower

Bench
One game against the Tigers and he's suddenly 2010 Jamie Soward lol

No, but due to Widdops injury, he was thrust into this game and gave it a good shot! With the juniors we only need to find a few gems and he looks promising. And would certainly would be cheaper than some other rookie half now claiming to be asking $750k per season!!!

Como Connection

First Grade

HUTCHISON PAL, GET IT RIGHT, my Mum's maiden name, could be a relative of mine, FACT.

dino2170

Juniors
yeah he played as a fill in only, no one mentioned the intercept pass he gave to put the game into golden point time. AND NO SPEED.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I really want to be positive about this kid BUT, he does not run the football. Ever! Players who run the football ask questions of the opposition and this kid will never pose a problem for the opposition. Kicking game? Looks OK. But why is he kicking the ball into touch when we are attacking the opposition line as he did on two occasions last night? The other problem he has is that he passes the ball 5-10 meters from the defensive line meaning you only have to slide in defence and sweat on the men outside him (hence the intercept last night).

Sorry folks but he is an absolute plodder.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Tish tish im just expressing a fact

He is a young kid who is still learning his craft. He will be better off having thrown that pass. Next time he will anticipate the intercept and put in a kick to an unmarked winger. A good half learns from his mistakes... FACT

Also, he may not be Luke Brooks fast be he also isn't Luke Brooks small and weak. He is strong, with a good step and a good kicking game. Joey Johns was never super quick, either was Brad Fittler, they were deceptive and crafty. I am sure he will keep improving.

denis preston

First Grade
I really want to be positive about this kid BUT, he does not run the football. Ever! Players who run the football ask questions of the opposition and this kid will never pose a problem for the opposition. Kicking game? Looks OK. But why is he kicking the ball into touch when we are attacking the opposition line as he did on two occasions last night? The other problem he has is that he passes the ball 5-10 meters from the defensive line meaning you only have to slide in defence and sweat on the men outside him (hence the intercept last night).

Sorry folks but he is an absolute plodder.

It was his first full game of NRL !!!! Why wouldn't he be conservative ? Very hard and unfair assessment.