What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Rhyno

First Grade
Since they making a reboot of Fullhouse I hope they remake Step by Step with cody in it

alien

Referee
i hear they are currently making a tv series for The Man From Earth. they say the tv series is set 7 years after the movie. this is what the tv series is about:

When our pilot episode begins, it’s seven years since the events shown in “Jerome Bixby’s The Man From Earth” and John Oldman now calls himself John Young. No longer with Sandy, he’s contentedly teaching at a small college when a group of devoted students seem to stumble onto his secret. Taking no chances, John prepares to leave the school but his plans go awry and he finds himself in a crisis.

We also learn that Art Jenkins wrote a book about the fateful night when John told his friends the truth of his existence. Insisting that it was a not a novel but a true story, Art was discredited and has grown bitter and resentful, anxious to once again confront John, if he could only find him.
And thanks to Art’s book, there are other people who want to know more about this mysterious “immortal.”

Soon John finds himself in the heart of a terrible conflict between what he knows to be right, and the limits of any man's humanity.

John has spent so many years… centuries… with his head kept down, keeping his profile low while teaching students and helping people when he could. But what if the changes in recent years have made that more difficult, even impossible?

Where could John go to hide? In a world where security cameras and social media track our every move, how do you remain unseen, especially when there are people looking for you? How do you continue to teach, to help… to do the things which are essential to your humanity?

How does a man who values privacy above all deal with the loss of his anonymity?

And beyond that -- what if the changes to the Earth have taken an unexpected toll? What if, after fourteen thousand years, John Oldman is... aging?

this is a trailer of the movie that came out in 2007

[youtube]9mOIxyRTY5I[/youtube]

T.S Quint

Coach
After years of people telling me to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I finally gave it a go on Netflix.
I've blown through the first 2 seasons in a few days. This show is pretty damn funny. Don't know why it took me so long to see it.

alien

Referee
Does anyway watch Falling Skies?

I'm not usually into Sci-Fi stuff but I reckon it's awesome.

yeah i love it! i have the first 4 seasons on dvd/blu ray, so i have watched those seasons, and now i am watching season 5 on fox 8. the last episode (season 5, episode 2) that good alien (Cochise) mentioned to the humans that the victoria barracks in sydney australia was where one of the battles against the bad aliens was taking place. cochise said there are resistance groups all around the globe, fighting back against the invasion

mackdadday

Juniors
I also watched the first season of falling skies in the last two days and enjoying it for what it is. i can't see young jimmy surviving too long.

Firefly - almost through the first and only season and can not believe it was cancelled. Possibly the best show I've ever seen. Final two episodes left for me.

Utopia - a dark British series based around a small group being hunted by an internationally powerful syndicate. Definitely doesn't pull any punches. Glorious stuff.

alien

Referee
have any of you watched a tv series called Dominion, and if so, is it any good???

roofromoz

First Grade
Not so much a series as such, more a one-off, but "7 Days In Hell".

It is a mockumentary about a seven day tennis match at Wimbledon, with Andy Samberg and that dude who plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones.

Gets a bit silly (well, very stupid) in some parts, but it is still overall very good. I think it's going to pop up on Showcase early next month.

[YOUTUBE]rpsMi3Q2fok[/YOUTUBE]

chigurh

Anyone here watch Rick and Morty?

It's only into its second season but is easily one of the smartest/funniest animations I've seen.

mackdadday

Juniors
Downloaded the first few episodes of Killjoys. Watched the first then deleted all of them. Those who draw comparisons to Firefly should be keelhauled!

mackdadday

Juniors
Just watched the full one-off season of 'the Brink'. Another HBO gem, starring Tim Robbins and Jack Black. Witty and brilliant satire of a fictional war in Pakistan.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just watched the premiere's for Minority Report and Blindspot.

Minority Report looks interesting. Found it a little formula driven to really stand out, but they have a few places to go which should be good if they can get the pacing right.

Blindspot has an interesting concept, but I can't help feeling the concept itself will limit the series as it will either get quite repetitive or they'll just run out of places to go without really dragging it out.

Both worth checking out if you're into the sci-fi mystery sort of shows, but nothing groundbreaking as of yet.

Latest posts