What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

user_nat

Coach
Whilst I do think a Cowboys game would draw better at Suncorp, that's not how it works.
1300 Smiles is "NRL approved" for prelims.

beave

Coach
I couldn't give a f**k how it 'looks' to be honest mate.

If we win tomorrow night, we deserve to play in front of our fans in NQ. The Storm are playing theirs at AAMI and it has a similar capacity to 1300Smiles.......

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
I am all for the cowboys playing their prelim at home if they win. It would be criminal to force them to play at brisbane.

If they do though, 2015 would have to go down as one of the worst attended finals series in recent memory wouldn't it? Probably a combined 50K that week, and potentially our first GF under 80K in quite some time if we have a cowboys vs storm GF for example.

2 finals at suncorp would boost it a bit but not by enough. The lack of a big sydney semi will be a killer

some11

Referee
Yeah.. but it'd be better if..

hsmPmbO.gif

beave

Coach
I live in Brisbane now, so it would be in my interest to see the game in Brissy but you can't move the goalposts mid finals series because the total crowd for that rd of finals games isnt as big as other years.

The NRL hasn't given a f$&@ about crowds in years with the way the draw is figured out and the TV networks dictating the scheduling. Why should they start to care now?

Perth Red

Post Whore
For comparison the Waratahs pulled 26K for their opening finals game. Considering they have a whole state behind them, this crowd isn't terrible.

The real judge of the NRL lowering their ticket prices will be the next three games, not Melbourne vs the team with the least fans in the NRL.

Lol, we've sunk so low we are now comparing ourselves to rugby union to feel better?

Bazzi

First Grade
Just bought tickets for tomorrow's game at ANZ, the pax is sitting on just over 30,000.

There'll be a huge walk up crowd, plus all the ANZ members.

pcpp

Juniors
I am all for the cowboys playing their prelim at home if they win. It would be criminal to force them to play at brisbane.

If they do though, 2015 would have to go down as one of the worst attended finals series in recent memory wouldn't it? Probably a combined 50K that week, and potentially our first GF under 80K in quite some time if we have a cowboys vs storm GF for example.

2 finals at suncorp would boost it a bit but not by enough. The lack of a big sydney semi will be a killer

You're completely off - this year will easily overtake 2013 and 2014, and might even be our highest attended finals series ever.

We got 20,000 tonight, and we'll get least 100,000 for the three games for the remainder of the week (I'm expecting closer to 120,000).

There's another game in Brisbane (week two or week three), a guaranteed sellout of 50,000.
There's a final in Townsville (week two or week three) - a guaranteed sellout of 25,000
There's a preliminary in Melbourne - at least 25,000.
Plus the Roosters v Bulldogs/Dragons - at least 25,000 (being very very conservative - could get 40,000).

Plus the Grand Final (80,000) - already equals 325,000.

2014 got 322,666 while 2013 got 284,717. Our best ever year was 2009 (351,448).

If the rest of this week gets 120,000 and the Roosters final next week gets 40,000 we'll have our best attended finals series ever.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Yeah imo thats a big problem, the two top4 matches just seem to have no meaning. Which extends to the regular season in that the minor premiers gets ni significance, its all about finishing top 8 then top 4 but 1st gets no respect or reward

what??? they get a home final and if they win they go straight to week 3 which is another home final

alien

Referee
A - fans know their team will be there next week.
B - Roosters have no fans.

Solution:
Make every finals match a sudden death (the advantage of finishing high being a R1 week off)

Roosters get off their ass and be relevant...

correct! enter my top 6 finals system! :)

alien

Referee
Lmao and Easts fans were giving it to Souths for their poor crowd against Melbourne. Awful showing chook fans.

yeah that was stupid. it was a thursday night game against an out of state team, and it got a bit over 12k. as if roosters haven't got lower crowds than that (on better days for attendance).

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
This will probably end up our best attended week 1 finals ever. You only have to look at previous years to see crowds of 15-16K for the first week.

The Roosters crowd tonight was solid without being spectacular.
Don't see any reason for talking the game down.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah that was stupid. it was a thursday night game against an out of state team, and it got a bit over 12k. as if roosters haven't got lower crowds than that (on better days for attendance).

At a Monday night last year it was wet and cold and Rorters played Titans.

They announced crowd was 5,000 and something.

But alien I saw the view of the stadium and there was only 3k there:lol::lol::lol: