What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

Usain Bolt

Bench
Does anyone do more off the ball work then this bloke? I can see why he only does 5 hit ups a game. He's too busy using his energy in defence doing work of the ball to disrupt the opposition. It's a great tactic if the refs are gonna let it go.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
That was a professional foul tonight on Thurston. He should have been binned. The fact it didn't even get a penalty is an a joke. The ref was standing over it. Thurston couldn't go anyway under him.

Snappy

Coach
The hit from Blair was marginally late, and was a clear play on incident in finals football. Thurston then threw an elbow and started the carry on, on the ground. Thats why he wasnt going anywhere.

Frailty

First Grade
Is everyone serious here?

Nothing in it and if that was to be penalised, any time there is a little carry on there will be a penalty.

Snappy

Coach
Im certainly not thinking that Thurston should have been penalised. But just pointing out to the sooks above that Thurston gave as much as he got. Refs handled it perfectly.

Frailty

First Grade
Im certainly not thinking that Thurston should have been penalised. But just pointing out to the sooks above that Thurston gave as much as he got. Refs handled it perfectly.

My post more directed to those directed at Blair... It just seems absurd that people are carrying on it about this incident.

Card Shark

Immortal
Yes you guys are right. Thurston should have been penalised for holding Adam down after a fair contact.

Blair made a fair tackle. Thurston had a sook and retaliated.

Perhaps so but it was interesting that as soon as the 5th tackle play was made, Blair released him.

I don't think it was coincidental that it happened when, where & how it did.

bfoord

Juniors
How was that not even a penalty

Probably fir the same reason Granville wasn't penalised for being offside... The refs called him offside 3 times, then whwn Hodges ran into hin failed to penalise him.

Or Lowe being offside during the Thurston try, he wasn't involved in the play, but was in front of the kicker and remained inside the 10 when Thurston grounded the ball. Under the rules that is offside.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It's great to see Adam Blair playing so well and knowing that the Tigers are probably paying half his salary.

insert.pause

First Grade
it was an absolute nothing incident in a great game that is only a thing because that's the headline story foxsports have decided to take from it, exploiting rugby league whingers who were desperate to whinge about something from such a great game.

Charlie124

First Grade
It deserved a penalty but many things in a game often do, I thought the refs had a really good game last night and let play flow, many times I was expecting to hear the whistle blow for a slightly long tackle or a very minor head contact and the refs let it slide, that's the way it should be. I'd rather all games be refereed like that one last night. Was a cracker of a game.