What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Well unless Abbott has played this beautifully, then he's f**ked..

Matt Moran ‏@mattmoran10news 1h1 hour ago
BREAKING: From Turnbull camp - he has more than 60 backers and it's growing. Abbott only has 30 firm supporters atm.

Avenger

Immortal
There are some sensible reasons why he's unpopular within his own party (he's a bit cynical, doesn't get his hands dirty), but there's also a fair bit of that resistance from people who don't like true small 'l' liberals, don't like essentially self-made people and would rather preserve unearned privilege. And those people can go an get f**ked as far as I'm concerned.

So you are saying they don't like him because he is not from old money or a Rhodes Scholar?

Gronk

Staff member
Abbott's term was the shortest since Harrold Holt.

Something to be proud about Tone.

Meanwhile Bolt, Ackermann, Murray & Devine are all blaming the "lefty twiterarti" for not giving Abbott a decent go.

What will the conservatives do now ? They hate Shorten and Turnbull ? Will they get behind their party or immediately plot Turnbull's demise ?

Interesting that Abbott has not said anything as yet.

Gronk

Staff member
Alan Jones this morning.

tumblr_n65wd4XkHy1t7lixko1_400.gif

So 4 PM's in a little over 2 years. Makes the Parra board situation downright stable in comparison.

This absolutely disgusts me.

Forget about Uncle Tone, the guy is obviously a terrible communicator and was a far better Opp. Leader than PM.

As far as I'm concerned, though, this is more of a reflection of us as a society than anything else. Short attention spans, no ability to engage in informed, constructive, meaningful debates, no tolerance for anything larger than 140 characters or a 30-second sound byte.

We have become petulant, self-absorbed little sooks with the attention span of an gnat and if we don't get pandered to right now! then we'll chuck a hissy fit. All the politicians are doing is reacting to this and it has f**ked our political system.

Rudd started it but, really, he's not to blame. We did it to ourselves. It ruined Jules, who was the best Labor leader since Keating (with all due respect to Beazley and Crean, who are decent men) and it has crucified Abbott who, from all accounts, was a far different man once away from the camera.

If I could ask anything from Turnbull it would be to kill this shallow movement in politics before it becomes entrenched. He has the intelligence and charisma to do it.

Still, I'm pretty f**king disgusted in us right now.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
This absolutely disgusts me.

Forget about Uncle Tone, the guy is obviously a terrible communicator and was a far better Opp. Leader than PM.

As far as I'm concerned, though, this is more of a reflection of us as a society than anything else. Short attention spans, no ability to engage in informed, constructive, meaningful debates, no tolerance for anything larger than 140 characters or a 30-second sound byte.

We have become petulant, self-absorbed little sooks with the attention span of an gnat and if we don't get pandered too right now! then we'll chuck a hissy fit. All the politicians are doing is reacting to this and it has f**ked our political system.

Rudd started it but, really, he's not to blame. We did it to ourselves. It ruined Jules, who was the best Labor leader since Keating (with all due respect to Beazley and Crean, who are decent men) and it has crucified Abbott who, from all accounts, was a far different man once away from the camera.

If I could ask anything from Turnbull it would be to kill this shallow movement in politics before it becomes entrenched. He has the intelligence and charisma to do it.

Still, I'm pretty f**king disgusted in us right now.

Don't worry HJ, there's still a lot of holier-than-thou pompus windbags out there, you'll be fine..

Gronk

Staff member
LOL at LNP merkins saying that they'll never vote for Turnbull. So who will they vote for and what's going to happen in they don't vote for the LNP ?

main-qimg-2a61f873bd2c81db629a24381b0efe39

oldmancraigy

Coach
Abbott's term was the shortest since Harrold Holt.

Something to be proud about Tone.

Meanwhile Bolt, Ackermann, Murray & Devine are all blaming the "lefty twiterarti" for not giving Abbott a decent go.

What will the conservatives do now ? They hate Shorten and Turnbull ? Will they get behind their party or immediately plot Turnbull's demise ?

Interesting that Abbott has not said anything as yet.

They will just vote some ultra conservative party, whose preference goes to liberal anyway.

It's like when Labour voters are angry, so they vote as left as possible, but the preference falls back to labour anyway.

Essentially these moves aren't made to win or lose the died in the wool voters, they are targeting the margins, seeing if they can recoup lost ground with the swing voters.

Don't worry HJ, there's still a lot of holier-than-thou pompus windbags out there, you'll be fine..

Even though I know this was meant as a dig at me (from a generic brain dead fool who wouldn't know intelligence if it bit him in the arse)...you are actually correct.

They still exist (they are actually the problem I referenced in my first post) and I will continue to fight the good fight against them.

It is, after all, my duty as one of the few truly educated, intelligent men left in this society.

ash411

Bench
Even though I know this was meant as a dig at me (from a generic brain dead fool who wouldn't know intelligence if it bit him in the arse)...you are actually correct.

They still exist (they are actually the problem I referenced in my first post) and I will continue to fight the good fight against them.

It is, after all, my duty as one of the few truly educated, intelligent men left in this society.

But... You're their leader...?

Troll on good fellow, your random arguments amuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts