What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on signings / departures for next season?

Andrew Johns made an interesting comment tonight regarding Chee-Kam. He said that he's a bit lost at Manly, they don't know whether to use him as a prop, a backrower or centre.

Maybe he is the big centre we need, he certainly has size and speed.

Chee-Kam looked ok. Better than Milone, Lulia, Hoeter.... Couldnt be worse.
Likes to promote the ball and have a go. Looked a bit of a Bryce Cartwright.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I've heard Moltzen's got a one year deal with Manly for next year. If so, good on him. Glad WT and he are parting ways. I hope he can have an injury free season to try to turn it around. He was a waste of space at WT lately but I do wish him well.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Not a player signing but now that Andrew Johns' time working at Manly is over surely Wests Tigers could do worse than employing him next season to work with Brooks and Moses. He constantly states how much he enjoyed his role at Manly working with the young halves.
I think he could work wonders with Brooks. JT clearly isn't capable of getting the best out of Brooks, maybe Johns is the answer. Thoughts ???

Not a player signing but now that Andrew Johns' time working at Manly is over surely Wests Tigers could do worse than employing him next season to work with Brooks and Moses. He constantly states how much he enjoyed his role at Manly working with the young halves.
I think he could work wonders with Brooks. JT clearly isn't capable of getting the best out of Brooks, maybe Johns is the answer. Thoughts ???

I wouldn't mind it.. Him and Matty worked with out halves in 2005.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Justin Hunt and Jordan Rankin heading our way next season.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/09/15/wests_tigers_strengt.html

Have to say I am underwhelmed. I have great difficulty in seeing these 2 even as depth players. They have struggled to make the grade elsewhere and I dont see much hope of them doing it here at WT. I hope I'm wrong and they end up world beaters but it sure looks like we continue our shopping at the bargain basement section rather than buy quality.

Last edited:

magpie guy

Juniors
Have to say I am underwhelmed. I have great difficulty in seeing these 2 even as depth players. They have struggled to make the grade elsewhere and I dont see much hope of them doing it here at WT. I hope I'm wrong and they end up world beaters but it sure looks like we continue our shopping at the bargain basement section rather than buy quality.

I have the same feeling. For next season all we have signed are some budget backrowers and some budget wingers. Can't see any of them being much more than depth. Having said that I am keen to see how Jesse Parahi goes. I think that he might surprise a few people.

It is great news for the simple reason,

As a Club we are continually looking at improving our depth and the overall quality of our NRL squad,” Taylor said.

Surely this guy thinks that all members and supporters are as dumb as he and Go.

Nuts

Juniors
Who do you all suggest we buy as depths players?? Let's just go and sign Cooper Cronk, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Corey Parker to second tier contracts and play them reserve grade. Easy fixed!!!