What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
I like Hyde & kapernick. Can play.

Nice run from Hayne up the middle. Very cautious however.

ash411

Bench
I have a feeling Fox Sports or the telegraph will have a headline tomorrow...

"Hayne leads 49'ers to their first win of the NFL season".

Or something similar.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok a yank on twitter said that Hayne's "blitz pickup was sensational".

WTF was that ?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok a yank on twitter said that Hayne's "blitz pickup was sensational".

WTF was that ?

When it is a passing play, Hayne's job is to block the 'blitzers'. The blitzers are the guys trying to tackle the quarterback, and they send more than they usually would - so he read the defensive play, picked up they were going to blitz, and obviously got in the right spot to block.
That's the kind of stuff people thought he might struggle to learn

hindy111

Post Whore
If guys on here do not watch much NFL and tuned into that- It was maybe the worse game of the weekend. Junk. Hyde thou was sensational. Player of the weekend.

Kapa is not in the top 20 Qb's in the NFL - Sure he can run and make the odd magic pass but he misses sitters.Can not read a defense/blitz. Does not go thru his reads-Its 1st read or run. Doesn't look good in the pocket and doesn't look good in play action. Do not get the Kapa love.I would rather of kept Allan Smith over him.

It is a shame some guys will only tune into san fran games.Next week thou they play the Steelers and Big Ben will put on a show that's for sure. There a smokie for the superbowl this year.

If you want to watch fast paced games tune into Philli or New england. There fast.
Certain team plays different-Like the bills slow it down. Some focus on run-Some passsing and some like too go big plays-Long passes etc.....

hindy111

Post Whore
On Hayne - He went ok. The dropped punt thou is a big deal.Drop 2-3 more and he may never get the chance to take one again. He will lose faith in the coach. He does not have the speed or acceleration of some of the stars.He can learn to do a job thou. If you think Hyde is fast wait till you see guys like darren sproles.

Far Canal

Juniors
If guys on here do not watch much NFL and tuned into that- It was maybe the worse game of the weekend. Junk. Hyde thou was sensational. Player of the weekend.

Kapa is not in the top 20 Qb's in the NFL - Sure he can run and make the odd magic pass but he misses sitters.Can not read a defense/blitz. Does not go thru his reads-Its 1st read or run. Doesn't look good in the pocket and doesn't look good in play action. Do not get the Kapa love.I would rather of kept Allan Smith over him.

It is a shame some guys will only tune into san fran games.Next week thou they play the Steelers and Big Ben will put on a show that's for sure. There a smokie for the superbowl this year.

If you want to watch fast paced games tune into Philli or New england. There fast.
Certain team plays different-Like the bills slow it down. Some focus on run-Some passsing and some like too go big plays-Long passes etc.....

You'll find it's Alex a Smith not Allan Smith - the same Smith who did not throw a TD to any of his WRs last year (although they were shite anyway)

hindy111

Post Whore
You'll find it's Alex a Smith not Allan Smith - the same Smith who did not throw a TD to any of his WRs last year (although they were shite anyway)

Im thinking the striker from leeds lol.......

Alex smith > kappa

Kansas where a side lucky to win 2 games a season till smith came. Now there a finals chance every year. He got 3 this weekend.

Good debut from Hayne. The drop probably helped a little bit in the larger scheme of things. Shifted the spotlight a little and pricked the bubble. And also allowed him to reset and refocus. I now have no doubts that the guy has the talent to succeed over there. The only things that might stop him having a long career are his age and homesickness. Or realising that while NFL might be a bigger stage, it could be a less enjoyable game. Also, I wonder if Hayne is trying to fill some hole in his life, which no sport could fill.

So, pretty pleased with the first hit out. And looking forward to plenty more.

Snoochies

First Grade
His 9 yard run up the middle I am guessing is what has improved most in his game.

He's played a game now, he can come home.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hayne done enough imo, but if anyone else had those stats it wouldnt even get mentioned in the media, but as he is an Australian every yard he makes gets well documented.

I was shocked at that fumble, that stuff is his bread n butter.

Great being in CBD yesterday at Australia square watching the game. About 200 people were there watching the game on big tv's.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I will admit, Hayne has surprised me, but in saying that, I said all along that his football smarts will be the reason he will make it, not so much his thletic ability. He is applying his football IQ to the NFL and working well.

Long way to go, and he cant fumble like that again otherwise he may loose his roster spot. It is a huge deal to fumble in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.