What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There it is, last straw for refs

Timbo

Staff member
I'm not actually sure about the specifics of when it can be used to be honest.

But yeah, the fact that the on field referee can discuss it with the man in the box makes it interesting.

expert

Juniors
What a load of shit.. Kanes hands are on the ground and slide over the line with momentum.. there's no promotion of the ball or double movement in the process of scoring so whats the problem?

What a load of shit.. Kanes hands are on the ground and slide over the line with momentum.. there's no promotion of the ball or double movement in the process of scoring so whats the problem?
lol

Feel sorry for people like you who are so blinded by bias... You'd follow Hitler to the end.

eozsmiles

Bench
Cowboys scored their second try off a forward pass last night but nobody has mentioned conspiracy or momentum or any of the words that come up when other teams lose finals after questionable calls. I can only guess that if the cows were the chooks and the sharks were the dogs then things would be different.

Shorty

Staff member
Cowboys scored their second try off a forward pass last night but nobody has mentioned conspiracy or momentum or any of the words that come up when other teams lose finals after questionable calls. I can only guess that if the cows were the chooks and the sharks were the dogs then things would be different.

Uh except that the game last night had shoddy calls either side and lol the Sharks were never in it, completion sets for the Sharks was abyssmal.

I'm sure the Roosters would have prevailed but that call wasn't the right one and it seems like it changed the momentum significantly.

skeepe

Immortal
If this joker in NSW Cup is the best of the up and comers, God help us.

Single-handedly decided who would go through to the grand final with some absolutely abysmal officiating.

The penalty against Buttriss for a late shoulder charge that was neither late nor a shoulder charge takes the cake.

some11

Referee

Tackled.

Held.

"I have no try"

"Insufficient evidence to overturn the decision"

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Kane Evans one was disgraceful but the video ref had every opportunity to overturn it but failed. With the Cowboys scoring off a forward pass they are are denied this.

I don't have a solution but surely the whole hawkeye tech could be an option for this bunker that they want to bring in. It can't be too hard to check whether the ball increases speed towards the try line at the point of being passed.

Both of the decisions were at critical stages and may have made significant differences to the outcomes. Not saying it would have changed the final result.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Nothing new.

Good old mate Bill Harrigan ensured his future employment with Easts by giving them 2015832 bullshit calls in the preliminary vs the Broncos.

Fmd this.
He then screwed the warriors over in the gf.
Roosters fans remind me of Brisbane lions fans.
Biggest fair weather merkins going around

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Agreed, after that call (around the 50 minute mark) we get Gus, Sterlo and Rabs going on and on about it for the last half an hour of the game, followed by the post game where it was the main point of discussion. Fact is, the Roosters were well on top at that time, it was only a matter of times before the floodgates opened. The try didn't change the game, it merely initiated the inevitable.

Ffs merkin
before 2 that's right merkin 2 bullshit tries were awarded to the roosters it,was 1 try each.
hardly dominating the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks for missing the point.

Some 11's post said it was the ref. Followed by the video ref's reasoning.

I just didn't want to post the whole vacuum of space, but you need it spelled out...

Tackled.

Held.

"I have no try"

"Insufficient evidence to overturn the decision"
FTR, the ref called "TRY".

Meapro Ham

Juniors
FMD. Who cares if it was a try or not. The Roosters won by 26 points. And were ahead by 30 with a minute to go. And were a far superior team all year. It had absolutely no bearing on the result. Get over it.