What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

insert.pause

First Grade
The Grand Final is an event, it shouldn't matter who plays and if that's not Sydney's attitude then don't whinge if you lose it to other cities.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What will now be very interesting for the NRL is the Grand Final and how that will go in terms of ticket sales. We only have 1 Sydney team left in the Roosters that would still probably pull more people to the Grand final then the remaining out of town teams in the Broncos, Storm and Cowboys.

Now say the Roosters lose (very real possibility). I personally think behind closed doors the NRL and Dave Smith would be begging the football gods for the Broncos to lose this one.

Think about it this way. Are people in Sydney still going to buy those $380 Diamond seats or those $700 Ultimate Experience seats in Aisle 107 and 108 to watch a Storm/Cowboys vs Brisbane game. I WOULD TEND TO THINK NOT.

Honestly i dont think hq would care if its not a sydney club involved. Will still sell out regardless of teams these days and in 2006 i beleive it sold out for brisbane v melbourne?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I hope they do a buyback scheme.

Mates and I have grand final tickets incase the Broncos make it. I'll only attend if Broncos or Cowboys are there.

If not, I have flexible flights so ill just can them and fire off the game tickets, probably will lose money, but I am definitely not going if its Roosters v Storm.

guyver78

Juniors
Honestly i dont think hq would care if its not a sydney club involved. Will still sell out regardless of teams these days and in 2006 i beleive it sold out for brisbane v melbourne?

Yes but we are talking about a major price difference here. I'm not sure exactly as to what that was but I don't think those Diamond seats cost any more then $150. They're $400 now.

guyver78

Juniors
I hope they do a buyback scheme.

Mates and I have grand final tickets incase the Broncos make it. I'll only attend if Broncos or Cowboys are there.

If not, I have flexible flights so ill just can them and fire off the game tickets, probably will lose money, but I am definitely not going if its Roosters v Storm.

From what I know the buyback scheme finishes after the first week of the finals. So from week 2 of the finals and onwards you can only sell on eBay.

babyg

Juniors
Yeh I've never understood why the NRL choose to hold back so many tickets for the General Public release.

The best organisations in the world look after their early adopters, not punish them. It's just good Business 101.

Agreed. Priority should be:

A. Members
B. Game + member package for 2016
C. The rest

Now is the time to be flogging off memberships for next year. You want to go to the semi finals Buy a membership

Snappy

Coach
Can I put this out there for anyone that may ever be getting married anytime in the future.

For f**ks sake don't book your bloody wedding for September. If your missus says you've got no choice, do you mates a favour and dump her.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Can I put this out there for anyone that may ever be getting married anytime in the future.

For f**ks sake don't book your bloody wedding for September. If your missus says you've got no choice, do you mates a favour and dump her.

I KNOW! What the hell. Imbeciles.

Danish

Referee

:lol:

There is a family wedding going on this friday that I thankfully managed to avoid being invited to (my brother-in-law's sister.... so we were a toss up invite and then got cut to keep numbers down). Very happy as absolutely would not have attended.

My mates and family are all well aware that any wedding arranged during finals footy is one I won't be at. I've been in a couple bridal parties and both had their dates set to ensure it wasn't clashing with finals so that I'd be there :cool:

Any man who gets married in September is a a goon. Even if you don't like footy, there are going to be dozens of people there who do that you are going to be selfishly expecting to miss watching their team so that they can attend.

At least have it on a bloody sunday afternoon so that it avoids clashes FFS!

Snappy

Coach
Seriously, on a friday too. first you expect everyone to get the day off work, then rub it in by missing your teams f**king prelim

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
smart man

Its been 8 years. A week ago her best mate sent me a photo of a ring. HELP.

Seriously, on a friday too. first you expect everyone to get the day off work, then rub it in by missing your teams f**king prelim

Yeah what the F. My brothers best mate got married on 26th September 2009. IN MELBOURNE. None of the fellas were smiling in the photos.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yes but we are talking about a major price difference here. I'm not sure exactly as to what that was but I don't think those Diamond seats cost any more then $150. They're $400 now.

Its a fair point but i would still be very suprised by anything less than a few hundred short of capacity. I am most pissed off about the cold chisel section and the ongoing tiny allocations to competing clubs

Re: Weddings... I was prudent and dodged September, and gave myself a good week's buffer after the grand final. Then they went and called a f#$ing election on my wedding day instead!

guyver78

Juniors
Its a fair point but i would still be very suprised by anything less than a few hundred short of capacity. I am most pissed off about the cold chisel section and the ongoing tiny allocations to competing clubs

Oh totally agree with you that it will most probably still sell out, only question I have is at what cost??? We only have to look a few months back to see how much heavy discounting the NRL had to do just to sell the SOO game out. Thousands of $220 Platinum seats were going for $50 and these a heaps more expensive.

Would you still go if the Roosters lose on Saturday night and you're stuck with a $400 ticket watching a Broncos team that beat your team against the Cowboys/Storm?

Good luck trying to get the full $400 back on eBay if it's a Broncos v Storm GF. Last year those that bought early were very lucky that you had a lot of Souths/Bulldogs supporters prepared to pay top $$$ for those Diamond seats. This year is a different story and I see a lot of heavy discounting coming up if the Roosters get done on Friday night.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Re: Weddings... I was prudent and dodged September, and gave myself a good week's buffer after the grand final. Then they went and called a f#$ing election on my wedding day instead!

That is horrible!

Broncos members have bought a shitload of tix this morning, did you get yours? Im getting gold restricted view for sure. Waiting on pricing, hoping its $48 a seat for concession again.

ggmu

Juniors

My missus tried to tell me our wedding rehersal was on gf day. Told her hell no cause if the broncos are in it we are going down to sydney. Its now on the friday haha

That is horrible!

Broncos members have bought a shitload of tix this morning, did you get yours? Im getting gold restricted view for sure. Waiting on pricing, hoping its $48 a seat for concession again.

What was worse, the election didn't go the way I wanted either. :crazy:

Hopped online and got my tickets at 10. $20/$15 in my usual spot (well, I will be in the front row of 510 instead of two rows back) and I decided to bring the kids after all. It's not a school day so hopefully they won't be too exhausted. This is the wrong forum to also note that Queensland Ballet 2016 subscriptions went on sale this afternoon. Will be eating Pedigree till pay day.