What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
Wouldn't mind if we threw a lifeline to beau Falloon, offer him the minimum wage, at worse he'd be a good cheap back up whos 'only' 28

Swarzey

Bench
He signed with an ESL club I believe. Plus he's about as good as Randell. We don't need another Randell.

Whats Doing

Bench
Wouldn't mind if we threw a lifeline to beau Falloon, offer him the minimum wage, at worse he'd be a good cheap back up whos 'only' 28

I agree. I made that recommendation some 2 weeks back and got howled down. He is a good hooker who made into the Prime Ministers train on squad but heck the keyboard warriors rate him no better that Randell. So obviously the selectors have no idea.

Spot On

Coach
Falloon is ordinary. As someone above said, minimum wage would be his grade. You only need have watched him the past couple of seasons to see whaa he offers - pretty much what we already have.

Did you see the players in the Prime Ministers squad?? Very shallow pool of talent tbh.

Sorry, just an opinion.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He is a good hooker who made into the Prime Ministers train on squad but heck the keyboard warriors rate him no better that Randell. So obviously the selectors have no idea.
So did Daniel Mortimer, only he made the final team as well.

Don't really understand how having an opinion makes someone a keyboard warrior. I don't think he's any better than Randell, but each to their own.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Randall can play in the halves, centres, back row, hooker. He's the perfect utility.

Fitting that the next cameron smith will be learning from the actual cameron smith.

He may never go beyond the level of Matt Hilder, but thats not necessarily a bad thing...

As long as we dont over pay and dont expect him to be our prize fighter, these thrall players are vital.

aqua_duck

Coach
Falloon is ordinary. As someone above said, minimum wage would be his grade. You only need have watched him the past couple of seasons to see whaa he offers - pretty much what we already have.

Did you see the players in the Prime Ministers squad?? Very shallow pool of talent tbh.

Sorry, just an opinion.

Falloon was the titans player of the year and played for city in 2014, I mean is he a starting hooker for a top 8 side? No, but at worse he'd be a handy fall back option who has quite abit of nrl experience.

Spot On

Coach
Sort of doesn't really go hand in hand does it....

Titans player of the year and... a cheap option.

One has to wonder how an NRL club's Player of the Year could come to be so cheap.;-)

I'm happy for a NSW Cup/fall back option for him.

Last edited:
Levi and Falloon would be a pretty solid rotation from dummy half. would make us look a lot more stable. We need quality depth. Superstars we have to create ourselves. Will be interesting to see what Sione does under Brown's coaching. I anticipate he will improve out of sight. Stone destroyed his confidence by playing him out of position and never letting him settle.

slotmachine

First Grade
he played the last 16 games of the season at centre
sorry, actually he had one game on the wing in that time, when buderus was coaching

Whats Doing

Bench
Sort of doesn't really go hand in hand does it....

Titans player of the year and... a cheap option.

One has to wonder how an NRL club's Player of the Year could come to be so cheap.;-)

I'm happy for a NSW Cup/fall back option for him.

The issue with Falloon and the Titans is not about his ability but the club wanting to distance themselves from the players involved in the drugs scandal. They are purging all the players except for Bird involved. As such his price has not gone down due to his ability and having watched most of his games at the Titans, he is still a very good hooker.

At this present stage he is well ahead of our current crop of hookers and would be a good foil for Levi who eventually will be our top hooker.

Shenry4

Juniors
No we had three first grade hookers and Brown said that was one to many which I agree.

So obviously we won't be looking for another hooker.

I think he's after a front rower from ESL.

aqua_duck

Coach
No we had three first grade hookers and Brown said that was one to many which I agree.

So obviously we won't be looking for another hooker.

I think he's after a front rower from ESL.

If Clydsdale wasn't on good coin I doubt he'd determine that we had too many hookers. Levi is a 19 year old rookie, Randell is a mediocre utility and there's not much behind them

Joker's Wild

Coach
Our NSWCup side had to call in a retired George Ndaira, who has been very good mind you, because we lacked hooking options

I think aqua is on the money. If Clydey was on minimum coin, Brown would have kept him for depth.

IMO, we still need a depth hooker

Spot On

Coach
The issue with Falloon and the Titans is not about his ability but the club wanting to distance themselves from the players involved in the drugs scandal. They are purging all the players except for Bird involved. As such his price has not gone down due to his ability and having watched most of his games at the Titans, he is still a very good hooker.

At this present stage he is well ahead of our current crop of hookers and would be a good foil for Levi who eventually will be our top hooker.

I'm happy to disagree here. He has very little smarts about him in attack. Really offered the Titans very little direction from dummy half. If he is dirt cheap as some are saying then we get a cheaper version of Clydesdale.

he played the last 16 games of the season at centre
sorry, actually he had one game on the wing in that time, when buderus was coaching

His best game. On the wing. He is too young to be playing centre yet. My point exactly. At present he is a winger. Once his defence improves he can move to centre.

Google Mitch Achurch fellas. Some talk he will be here next year. He plays for Leeds Rhinos. Pretty decent size prop and at least will add some grunt. If Browny can be like Bellamy with him and Paea and make them yardage machines we will be ok.

Haffa

I remember he had a bad run of injuries before making Penrith First Grade. Then left when Gus and co took over

Last edited:

Latest posts