What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clean out required

jacksonm

Juniors
Time to clean out thoseplayersonmid money but are just not performing. Re investment in juniors and careful recruitment of good up and comers whether local or not must be a priority.

New players will hopefully allow us to rebuild the culture which has all disappeared.

Son of Minto

Bench
Yep Carty majorly responsible for where the Titans are now. Horrible recruitment and even worse at local and junior level.

we're in the process of cleaning out

the problem is we're replacing those players with more mediocrity.

-a 35 year old Friend
-a halfback only to have played 25 minutes at first grade
-a has-been never was Taia from England
-a reject halfback from Newcastle

need I say more? It's hard to get excited about the future of this club with signings like that.

oh i almost forgot Shillo the pillow...a direct replacement for plodder Myles.

Last edited:
The players coming in are just as bad as the players going out.

yep exactly. It's scary given what the club has had to go through for the past 4 years. I do fear for this clubs future that's for sure...we are the running joke of qld right now with the Broncos & Cowboys thriving and I don't see it changing.

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
May need to start with the coach then.

Neil Henry is NOT great at developing junior talent and prefers to sign journeymen and over-the-hill players.

That said - if you're having a proper cleanout and have money to spend, he's good at filling the roster up with value-for-money players.

When he came to the Cowboys, he signed players like Brent Tate and Dallas Johnson who totally changed the club culture.

So yeah, keep Henry, put a broom through the place, then bring in a new coach and sign some genuine matchwinners and you're golden.

I think things might have worked out very differently had DCE not backflipped though.

Titanic

First Grade
It's easy enough to blame the DCE thing and for sure he and Myles made sure we were stuffed in the short term but the club's recruitment team are setting the world on fire either. I have serious doubts about Henry and Annersley as CEO.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
bring back the chargers,or giants,or seagulls,the tits are abyssmal you have had 4 name changes and still cant crack a premiership time to get booted out of the nrl.

To "kick Titans out" would effectively give the Gold Coast and Northern Nsw to the Afl which would be a huge blow to the NRL. They would loose plenty of juniors the AFL.

There were plenty of doubters that suggested the same happen to the Cowboys and it took them over ten years to make a finals campaign and look at them now. Titans made that finals within 4 years of entering the competition. Annersley and King are cleaning up the mess left from the prior Management, just doesn't help that there are other distractions along the way. Things will only get better.

Latest posts