What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 South Sydney Players rushed to hospital

flash

Juniors
Nothing suss about two mates watching "movies" at home together and then feeling the need to numb the pain

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Unfortunately the club lost their credibility with the Arizona incident.

Even if things are above board, the public's mind shifts to disbelief due to proven prior behaviour.

Foe mine, having experienced people going through surgery and taking endone afterwards, I know the following.

1. If you have a reaction to it, it will be immediate and not 6 days afterwards
2. Your dosage decreases in the days following, so you don't generally need to gave more.

To me, this reeks of two guys being stupid who screwed up big time. Hopefully it doesn't cost anyone more than a loss of face.

some11

Referee
Likely scenario:

>take oxy for pain
>pain abates
>take oxy and realise how awesome it feels
>have a few beers and pop an oxy
>oh god I'm being dragged under

yhdLmV1.gif

BunniesMan

Immortal
Some people are so stupidly ignorant. Painkillers like this can be very addictive. It doesn't make them monsters if they took too many because of addiction. They hurt nobody but themselves. The only thing that matters is their health.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
Some people are so stupidly ignorant. Painkillers like this can be very addictive. It doesn't make them monsters if they took too many because of addiction. They hurt nobody but themselves. The only thing that matters is their health.

So, what you're saying is both of them happened to become addicted, in under a week, and both happened to perhaps OD at the same time. Yep, that scenario is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more likely than anything nefarious.

Opiates and alcohol don't mix, so if they had been drinking it would be understandable what has happened. The fact the CEO has come out and said they weren't has to mean there is something more here than just accident.

Here's hoping though that they weren't actually intentionally trying to OD and do themselves harm.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
My experience with Tramadol made me think it was pointless taking it. It didn't kill, dull or do anything for the pain I was in at the time.

Not sure on the dosage these boys had, but it must have been a lot more than I was prescribed.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So, what you're saying is both of them happened to become addicted, in under a week, and both happened to perhaps OD at the same time. Yep, that scenario is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more likely than anything nefarious.

Opiates and alcohol don't mix, so if they had been drinking it would be understandable what has happened. The fact the CEO has come out and said they weren't has to mean there is something more here than just accident.

Here's hoping though that they weren't actually intentionally trying to OD and do themselves harm.

Young inexperienced people do dumb things. It is entirely possible the medication wasn't helping either of them and instead of going to the doctor they both decided to try a harder dose.

Whatever has happened, whether accidental or intentional, they've only hurt themselves. And some morons in the media (and on this forum) are talking about them as if they're criminals. They've hurt nobody and this shouldn't be a witch hunt.

Kiwi

First Grade
Dead set you would be calling for their heads if they played for another club other than souths. You certainly wouldn't be gargling and swallowing the bs like you are now.

Do I think the Rabbitohs are full of shit and protecting their own interests and image.. hell yes. Do I think the players should be sacked.. hell no that solves nothing. These kids need counseling and help, and if the NRL want to be serious about recreational drug use they need to make an example of these two, with regards to help and support instead of fines, suspensions and contracts being torn up.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dead set you would be calling for their heads if they played for another club other than souths. You certainly wouldn't be gargling and swallowing the bs like you are now.

Do I think the Rabbitohs are full of shit and protecting their own interests and image.. hell yes. Do I think the players should be sacked.. hell no that solves nothing. These kids need counseling and help, and if the NRL want to be serious about recreational drug use they need to make an example of these two, with regards to help and support instead of fines, suspensions and contracts being torn up.

I have never once argued for anybody to face suspension for non performance enhancing drugs.

Rosetta

Juniors
Oxy is actually on the WADA list, if it was detected on a game day test it would be a 2 year ban.....like Sailor with his coke charge.

Overdosing on pain medication is extremely dangerous, it's borderline suicide pact type behaviour when 2 partake in it at the same time.

Surely

Post Whore

Lucky they didn't piss in their mouth

My experience with Tramadol made me think it was pointless taking it. It didn't kill, dull or do anything for the pain I was in at the time.

Not sure on the dosage these boys had, but it must have been a lot more than I was prescribed.

Weren't they prescribed oxycodone/endone?

Tramadol has little effect recreationally.

eozsmiles

Bench
If two average blokes OD'd on the same drug at the same time in the same place at 4am while on holidays then the public would just knowingly glance at each other.

When it involves footy people it must be a bad dose or an accident or a bad reaction or an unfortunate addiction or the doctors fault.

If two average blokes OD'd on the same drug at the same time in the same place at 4am while on holidays then the public would just knowingly glance at each other.

When it involves footy people it must be a bad dose or an accident or a bad reaction or an unfortunate addiction or the doctors fault.

So true

Having been given this exact medication post surgery and taken it for three days following I can tell you that it seriously hits you for six ... I would describe the feeling as drifting down the river .. and that was from one pill

Would not be hard to OD on the stuff that's for sure but generally they are prescribed as one or two pills max at any one time..

I'm guessing there is a bit more to the story ... Oh and Bunniesman ... Just give up , People can speculate all they like but you just look like a fool trying to defend them when your knowledge on the subject is just as limited