What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Grand Final combination is best for rugby league?

Which Grand Final match up would be best for rugby league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ibleedblue

Juniors
A Broncos V Cowboys grand final would be an absolute cracker. Both sides play a very attacking style of football that appeals to all fans and the revenue and tv ratings would go through the roof.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Prefer the Cowboys to play the Broncos if we make it, not necessarily for the Qld factor but because i think they are a better chance of beating them than the Roosters

papabear

Juniors
tbh choosing between the roosters and broncos is a very difficult task.

I slightly edge towards the roosters as they only deal in dodgy TPPs whereas the broncos have dodgy TPPs and dodgy Andrew Gee paper bags.

Someone

Bench
I want the cowboys to win so my preference goes...

1.Cows vs Broncos (entertaining, may never get another opportunity at an all QLD GF)

2.Cows vs Roosters (would be the next best entertaining game)

3.Broncos Vs Storm (06 replay which was one of the better grand finals. these teams turn it on when they vs each other so I wouldn't mind this match up)

4.Storm vs Roosters (I would probably fall to sleep to be honest. no one to go for)

as long as it isn't storm vs roosters I wont complain.

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters v Cowboys is probably the outcome that would garner the most interest with 99% of people backing the Cowboys to win it

Let's face it, the Broncos, Roosters and Storm are probably three of the most disliked teams in the comp, so any matches that include those three will see the majority of neutrals back the Cowboys

If it's Storm v Cowboys or Broncos v Cowboys, the majority of NSW neutral supporters probably won't bother watching. They might watch Storm v Cowboys to cheer the Cowboys, but I doubt it. If it's the all QLD affair NSW fans will ignore it on principal.

If it's Storm v Roosters I doubt the majority of NSW fans would watch either. Hate the Roosters, but hate the Storm more. They'd just go to the beach.

The only game I can see rating or gaining any interest outside of Queensland would be the Roosters v Cowboys and then everyone can get on the feel good bandwagon and death ride the Roosters

Someone

Bench
lets face it, its an NRL grand final. we will all be watching anyway.

I don't understand this NSW vs QLD bullshit either. I hate other Sydney teams more than I hate Brisbane or cowboys. who cares if they are on the otherside of a line drawn on a map?

thorson1987

Coach

I don't understand this NSW vs QLD bullshit either. I hate other Sydney teams more than I hate Brisbane or cowboys. who cares if they are on the otherside of a line drawn on a map?

Yep.

Ill watch it no matter who is playing.

Ill be in front of the tv watching all games and with any luck ill be too drunk to remember if melbourne lose.

beave

Coach

This. If my clowns were ever dropped from the comp I would support a Sydney team over the other 2 QLD teams in a heartbeat.

Lambretta

First Grade

We will be as we're Rugby League tragics

However, a large number of neutral / casual fans won't give a shit (TV ratings in general back this up)

The thread was about which final will advance the cause of Rugby League most.

Queenslanders won't watch an all Sydney final in the same numbers as they'll watch an all Queensland final and NSW people won't watch an all Queensland final in large numbers either.

Last years final had great interest in Sydney because Souths were there and the papers were pushing the 40 year virgins line for all it was worth

I can't see Brisbane v Storm or Brisbane v Cowboys getting so much attention unless the papers go mad pushing for the Cowboys fairy tale.

Can you see that happening?

BunniesMan

Immortal
People will say Melbourne for the Victorian market but how many premierships and grand finals have they already had? What difference will one more make?

The best combination for the game is the one that makes for the best most attractive style of football. The big dance is the one time you're guaranteed to have many non fans and casual fans watching. To turn them into permanent fans they have to be exposed to the best version of the product.

For that to happen the Cowboys have to beat Melbourne. And you need the Broncos to beat Easts.

The Cowboys play much more attractive footy than the Storm, and Wayne loathes the wrestle.

Fingers crossed for Broncos v Cowboys.