What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair - Buy of the Year?

Perth Red

Post Whore
When you see how well he played last night you realise how he has been robbing clubs for years with half hearted performances.

user_nat

Coach
excuse me , the 2015 bronco's team have had a massive injection

1) Blair - from tigers , he looked very good yesterday , hitting hard a good work rate. Grand final winner
2) Milford - from raiders , adds a heap of attacking options.....future Origin player
3) Boyd - from Knights ... a proven Origin winner and big game player

very astute purchasing by the Broncos , definitely best buying club for 2015

We didn't really buy Boyd. He comes free with any purchase of Bennett.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Every coach needs the right cattle. Belamy without Slater, Cronk and Smith, Robinson without the best roster in the game, hell look at McGuire minus just Teo and big Sam. You can't win a title with ordinary players no matter how good you are as a coach.

How very true. You only have to look at origin as well to back up your point. Bellamy when coaching NSW up against his crew from the storm was unsuccessful, QLD last year with Cronk going down made Meninga look mediocre and so on and so on

hutch

First Grade
Funny how everyone forgets how bad he was for the first 3-4 months of the competition. I remember one game where he made 3 hit ups for 10 metres or thereabouts in the whole game. Was good last night but if your team is on the backfoot or you need a player to dig in when the chips are down, he certainly isn't that man.

Snappy

Coach
He was bad for the first few weeks, not for 4 months. He has been seriously good for us and it's no coincidence that we lost the two games when he was out suspended. He constantly turns up in defence and his ball playing ability and offloads have set up many try's.

It's pretty simple, without Blair in our team this year we would not be playing the the GF.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't care if he wins the next 12 dally m medals, for the Tigers the guy was on marquee money and didn't put in for 3 years. Maybe we did use him wrong however it doesn't excuse him missing simple tackles and making 5 hit ups in 80 mins. I remember a game against Souths at ANZ where john sutton made 3 clean line breaks running straight over the top of him. A Tigers fan near me yelled out 'it's john f*cking sutton not Arthur beetson Blair you cat.' Truer words have never been spoken.

Flat track bully, put him around internationals and he looks ok, when he has to be the main guy he goes to water.

some11

Referee
Funny how everyone forgets how bad he was for the first 3-4 months of the competition. I remember one game where he made 3 hit ups for 10 metres or thereabouts in the whole game. Was good last night but if your team is on the backfoot or you need a player to dig in when the chips are down, he certainly isn't that man.

Funny that.

I remember when he played like a beast and got us into the Grand Final.

JJ

Immortal
Glenn is a bit unheralded imo, he was terrific last night too - the whole pack was, but any team would be lucky to have him in the #11 jersey

Blair deserved some criticism for the way he played at the Tigers, but clearly the system there is an issue too - myth that he was ever the world's best forward, but he was certainly very good

The reason he played below average at the start of the season was because he never felt like moving to a new club outside Sydney in the first place. But he felt at ease and home with Broncos after awhile which helped his performance.

blaza88z

Coach
the guy simply didn't buy in to whatever they were selling at the Tigers, which would be disappointing for Tigers' fans given the coin he was on but for us this year the guy has been a beast and let's be honest.. we needed him to be a beast after losing McGuire who at the start of the year was our only 80 minute prop worth noting

I think next year with McGuire and Blair, it's going to be a great few years for us