What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct - it's an NRL record at Suncorp. Meaning it beat the Lockyer farewell by about 1,000 (50,800-odd if I recall correctly).

Only fixtures that have exceeded it are Origin ones.

Great news for the game. 28,000+ at AAMI tomorrow night hopefully too.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Tickets to the grand final have been selling well since last night! I don't think it will sell out without a Syd team - I'm going to try pick up some better seats at a better price of gumtree etc.

Timmah

Staff member
79k nine years ago when this last happened, anything above that figure I think is a victory for the NRL.

Hell, anything over 52,500 is :p

Saint Doc

Coach
Broncos are the most popular non Sydney team in Sydney and, if the Cowboys make it, there will be plenty of neutrals hopping on the bandwagoon. Will get 80k no matter what IMO

guyver78

Juniors
Broncos are the most popular non Sydney team in Sydney and, if the Cowboys make it, there will be plenty of neutrals hopping on the bandwagoon. Will get 80k no matter what IMO

If the Cowboys make it there will be far more Sydney neutrals that will go to the game.
The Broncos might be the most popular non Sydney team here but they're certainly not the most liked.
Cowboys will get far more support from Sydbey neutrals then Brisbane will.

Will be interesting to see what happens now, I'm guessing you should be able to grab some bargain seats now SLR from Roosters, Bunnies & Dogs supporters.

I wouldn't even be getting them from Ticketek.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If the Cowboys make it there will be far more Sydney neutrals that will go to the game.
The Broncos might be the most popular non Sydney team here but they're certainly not the most liked.
Cowboys will get far more support from Sydbey neutrals then Brisbane will.

Will be interesting to see what happens now, I'm guessing you should be able to grab some bargain seats now SLR from Roosters, Bunnies & Dogs supporters.

I wouldn't even be getting them from Ticketek.

I already have tickets, they were a gift from work but they are f**kingggggggg shit. Its the thought that counts haha. A few more mates are going to come now so we are just going to buy our time and grab some bargains.

I was surprised with the sales boom after last night though, I was watching it continually sell higher and higher across all categories. I don't think that the Broncos support will be as little as you think, a heap of people that I know and wouldn't expect to be going are, and there was a fair bit of talk on the broncos facebook of people quickly buying tickets, its been ten years, people will be traveling.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
If the GF doesn't sell out then I think it definitely vindicates the possibility of the NRL shopping the game around to bidding cities.

No it doesn't

The NRL Grand Final wouldn't sell out because of the ludicrous ticket prices which have occurred since the start of the current tv rights deal in 2013. If the Grand Final gets taken to a smaller venue such as Suncorp, the ticket prices will need to be raised even more to compensate for the 30k seat difference between Suncorp and ANZ, which is going to cause even more problems.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
No it doesn't

The NRL Grand Final wouldn't sell out because of the ludicrous ticket prices which have occurred since the start of the current tv rights deal in 2013
. If the Grand Final gets taken to a smaller venue such as Suncorp, the ticket prices will need to be raised even more to compensate for the 30k seat difference between Suncorp and ANZ, which is going to cause even more problems.

The GF will sell out (we get this prediction every time a major game happens these days).

GFs/Origin matches are massive events that people want to go to. I dont understand why people are surprised when ticket prices go up. If you want a premium event, you need to pay the premium price.

Id rather the game not subsidies cheap GF tickets for entitled fans who feel like the game owes them something. The money forgone by selling tickets cheap is money that we dont get to spend on junior footy or any of the hundred other community prograns the ARLC runs.

Last Week

Bench
The GF will sell out (we get this prediction every time a major game happens these days).

GFs/Origin matches are massive events that people want to go to. I dont understand why people are surprised when ticket prices go up. If you want a premium event, you need to pay the premium price.

Id rather the game not subsidies cheap GF tickets for entitled fans who feel like the game owes them something. The money forgone by selling tickets cheap is money that we dont get to spend on junior footy or any of the hundred other community prograns the ARLC runs.

I agree.

And something else to note, we're all talking about improving the game day experience. Well, if/when that happens, ticket prices will go up.

I haven't seen it first hand, but I hear that the Grand Final day experience is pretty awesome with the surrounding precinct. I know Origin 1 was fantastic this year and I can understand the increase in prices. Whether or not they should be going up by the amount they are I don't know. I'd need to know the dollars spent on the event.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I agree.

And something else to note, we're all talking about improving the game day experience. Well, if/when that happens, ticket prices will go up.

I haven't seen it first hand, but I hear that the Grand Final day experience is pretty awesome with the surrounding precinct. I know Origin 1 was fantastic this year and I can understand the increase in prices. Whether or not they should be going up by the amount they are I don't know. I'd need to know the dollars spent on the event.

The increase recently is only due to how undervalued it has been previously...

People pine for the good old days in 05 when you could get a premium GF ticket for $50. But people forget how bad shape the game was in at the time.

The GF will sell out because people want to be there and are willing to pay the set price. THAT validates the prices the ARLC has set.

Timmah

Staff member
29,315 #NRL Record for AAMI Park. Great stuff.

No it doesn't

The NRL Grand Final wouldn't sell out because of the ludicrous ticket prices which have occurred since the start of the current tv rights deal in 2013. If the Grand Final gets taken to a smaller venue such as Suncorp, the ticket prices will need to be raised even more to compensate for the 30k seat difference between Suncorp and ANZ, which is going to cause even more problems.

Wasn't last year an ANZ (since config) record crowd?

some11

Referee
QF1: 20,521
EF1: 33,854
QF2: 50,388
EF2: 27,031

SF1: 35,711
SF2: 21,683

PF1: 51,826
PF2: 29,315

Total: 270,329 with GF to come.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Across all forms of social media the amount of Broncos fans posting about heading south is pretty astonishing. Not many flights left out of Brisbane or Townsville.

Airlines should pull their fingers out and try organise more, I'm sure its impossible given how busy SYD is.

Broncos fans also got given the side without the Chisel section. STOKED.