What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Recruitment

TheRam

Coach
this, i give the eels a solid 8/10 for offseason due to various reasons, but with this joke still on the books i give the eels a 7/10.

This guy should be made to handover all the money he stole from us and turn himself into police. The way this guy has eluded the authorities for years has me beat, wish he could display those evasive tactics on the field.

:lol:

And you can add his partner in crime Hopa in that too. A regular Bonnie and Clyde them two bandits.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
There's been talk of us talking to him. Would all depend if he's cleared by the NRL. I don't see why they wouldn't register him.

Someone on FB just said we're signing Sandoe Earl. Anyone know if it's fair dinkum?

G

It's been discussed in the Rumours thread (where you posted the same question), with a Foxsports (I think) article suggesting that we are a likely destination for him if he gets his ban overturned. Nothing from anyone at the club or the player.....just a journo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This guy should be made to handover all the money he stole from us and turn himself into police. The way this guy has eluded the authorities for years has me beat, wish he could display those evasive tactics on the field.
:lol::lol::lol:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hope we sign Sandor. Someone can then make the sign "My Name Is Earl" and have Sandor with a list of teams next to him.

guruminga

Juniors
Ha ha, sorry about the typo. Sandor not Sandoe - I was tired.

I'd be open to the idea with options in our favour.

G

hindy111

Post Whore
Sandor would be a handy pick up but remember all he was - A fringe first grader-Not good enough to make the panthers side and in and out of the Canbera team.

hindy111

Post Whore
And when he was playing well- Wasn't he on peptides? I mean wouldn't they make you better then you are? I thought that is why he was suspended.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Sandor would be a handy pick up but remember all he was - A fringe first grader-Not good enough to make the panthers side and in and out of the Canbera team.

That fact and also he's been out of the game for 2 years means that he would be cheap. If he doesn't work out as planned then it won't be a problem.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hoppa was out for 2 years as well. Hard to come back after a decent lay off.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hoppa was out for 2 years as well. Hard to come back after a decent lay off.

Absolutely. Reni Maitua was also out of the game for 2 years. Danny Wicks was out for 5. Sandor will be in a similar boat to Wicks rather than Maitua and Hoppa though. He won't be on a top 25 contract so there won't be much pressure on him to perform and his deal will more than likely be for only 1 year meaning that if he wants to keep his career then he has to push himself hard. Whereas Hoppa and Maitua had longer term, higher money deals so more pressure was on them to perform.

lingard

Coach
Absolutely. Reni Maitua was also out of the game for 2 years. Danny Wicks was out for 5. Sandor will be in a similar boat to Wicks rather than Maitua and Hoppa though. He won't be on a top 25 contract so there won't be much pressure on him to perform and his deal will more than likely be for only 1 year meaning that if he wants to keep his career then he has to push himself hard. Whereas Hoppa and Maitua had longer term, higher money deals so more pressure was on them to perform.

I don't know - it looked like Hoppa was able to sit back and relax.

Latest posts