What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final vs Cowboys Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It's a real pleasure to create this thread.

Honestly I didn't give us much chance of making it this far when McGuire went down. But we have played awesome most of the year and an entertaining style as well. We thoroughly deserve to be here.

I can't see any reason why we are not a good chance of winning this.

What did you guys make of the Hodges tackle?

renouf

Juniors
I dunno what other similar tackles get, but it looks borderline OK/not ok, I can see what Hodges is saying how the player jumped at the last second and hunt pulled him down and that's why the tackle went wrong, you can see he was just trying to put him on the ground by pulling his leg up.. I'd say he will get a week though.

renouf

Juniors
Looking at the replay on ch9, Hodges maybe ok. Guerra definitely jumped after he went up on one leg and the intent wasn't there to get him into a dangerous position..

Rhyno

First Grade
Congrats cowboys on the 2015 premiership.

The Snappy meltdown will be hilarious

Snappy

Coach
Looks like I've rustled some jimmies.

Back on topic. The big dance.

Pretty confident but slightly nervous. Can see the cows throwing a lot of plays at Reed and Milf. If these two can stick solid and not leak any points, I think we win.

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
Game of the season, in more ways than one.

Head says, Broncs just. Regardless I'm sure it will be a top game and may the bloody refs not influence the result.

Good luck guys.

GO

hellteam

First Grade
Looks like I've rustled some jimmies.

Back on topic. The big dance.

Pretty confident but slightly nervous. Can see the cows throwing a lot of plays at Reed and Milf. If these two can stick solid and not leak any points, I think we win.

Im a bit worried about our right side (Hunt especially). Cooper has scored about 45 tries this year

Bronco18

Juniors
Im a bit worried about our right side (Hunt especially). Cooper has scored about 45 tries this year

It'll be a tough assignment, Hunt has been missing a few more than he usually does lately. Gillette has developed into one of the best cover defenders going around, his effort to hold up RTS after Hunt missed him was superb.

Dazzat

First Grade
Broncos should win this.

Regardless, what a totally unexpected year.

With a very thin forward roster (not diminishing the talents of Parker, Thaiday, Gillet and McGuire) I didn't think we had the muscle up front to threaten.

And when Josh McGuire as injured I thought that was the end of the season.

But of course there is a super coach who doesn't let a little thing like losing your top front rower get in the way.

Let's do it for Hodgo ... a unique talent.

In true Bronco tradition, who won grand finals to see off Webke and others, let's do this.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Broncos should win this.

Regardless, what a totally unexpected year.

With a very thin forward roster (not diminishing the talents of Parker, Thaiday, Gillet and McGuire) I didn't think we had the muscle up front to threaten.

And when Josh McGuire as injured I thought that was the end of the season.

But of course there is a super coach who doesn't let a little thing like losing your top front rower get in the way.

Let's do it for Hodgo ... a unique talent.

In true Bronco tradition, who won grand finals to see off Webke and others, let's do this.

great post :thumb

Country Bronco

Juniors
Good post Daz!!! I felt the same way about McGuire's injury. McGuire was a huge loss. Yet it has showed our team doesn't rely one player to fill a role or position. We've had a squad of 29 players each one when called has come played and not let anyone down. No matter what the result we've got something to be more happy about and thats a team who are accountable and play for for each other as a team. They'll all step up tomorrow together. That can't be beaten.

DeeJ

Bench
I thought we played better than them and it was a real brave effort especially when you see how fatigued they were. We controlled the game and backed our defense which held up for most part. Unfortunate result at the end.