What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Predictions

Eelpout

Juniors
My smokey for CC Medal is Gavin Cooper

Having said that I actually think the Broncos will win and Hunt will get CC Mdeal

If Cooper has even a half decent game its off the back of Thurston and with his popularity he would be almost certain to get it ahead of him. I'm backing a roughie in the likes of Tamou.

Parker if the Broncs get up.

Rhyno

First Grade
Just incase broncos fluke the win I took Glenn at $67 for the CC Medal good odds

Kornstar

Coach
If Thurston never wins a premiership in the halves in a stacked team for close to a decade can he really be spoken about as an immortal?

He is a very good player (exceptional even) but I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Johns was or Lockyer for that matter.

phantom eel

First Grade
Head says Broncos, heart says Cowboys. Incredible record for Benny in GF coaching appearances.
Yep. Cheering for the Cowboys, but...

Thurston the CC Medla winner if Cowboys hold the lead for half of the game (even if a close Broncos win). Corey Parker for the medal if it's a clear Broncos victory.

Gee I hate a 7.00 pm GF, the day just drags. Bring back the old days!!

Yeh, and the official kick-off time is 7.15pm, so I'd be surprised if they actually start before 7.30. 7.45 wouldn't surprise me. Honesty is not something that the NRL or TV stations value in their own behaviour, but are quick to call out other parties who tell less than the whole truth.

strider

Post Whore
Gee I hate a 7.00 pm GF, the day just drags. Bring back the old days!!

Yeh, and the official kick-off time is 7.15pm, so I'd be surprised if they actually start before 7.30. 7.45 wouldn't surprise me. Honesty is not something that the NRL or TV stations value in their own behaviour, but are quick to call out other parties who tell less than the whole truth.

yeah it probably won't start til close to 7:30

I've gotten used to the late GFs .... but I'd like maybe a 6:30 kick off

Kornstar

Coach
yeah it probably won't start til close to 7:30

I've gotten used to the late GFs .... but I'd like maybe a 6:30 kick off

Yep, 6:30 would be better. Why is 1 hour later better for ratings, it doesn't make any sense!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Just makes planning the day hard, at BBQ now most of the kids have been running around for nearly 6 hrs and will be a mess by the time the game starts. Plus an afo of beers in the Sunday does not make waiting to nearly eight healthy !!

Kornstar

Coach
Make it 5 or 3, it will rate no matter

Well that is my opinion too but they claim the 7:30 is the best time, I just don't get why on a long weekend the difference of 1 hour makes a difference to the ratings, plus they still get the news in like they want.