What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Holy shit he should have trusted his natural kick! He tried ti drill the f**king thing

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Ben Hunt dropped the grand final. Literally.

Glad the Cows got it. Excellent for rugby league.

f**k I hate Ch9's coverage as well - want to ruin the moment any earlier?

Bazal

Post Whore
Shit thing is, JT will probably get the CC Medal. And rightly f**king so I might add, he was monstrous and in absolutely everything on and off the ball....but you watch the dropkicks shit on him as a Channel 9 pick, calling it a love-in etc if he does.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Shit thing is, JT will probably get the CC Medal. And rightly f**king so I might add, he was monstrous and in absolutely everything on and off the ball....but you watch the dropkicks shit on him as a Channel 9 pick, calling it a love-in etc if he does.

He was fantastic, but I thought Granville, Tamou and Taumololo had equally important games.

Suck it Hodges. Lolololol.

Didgi, rhino NQ: ye3eeeeeeeaaaaahhhh!

Agreeeeeeeeee!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Also, I'm enjoying Turnbull's FB posts and the ensuing comments. At the very least, the guy has a much better sense of humour and wants to have a laugh.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I dont understand why they cant wait like 10 f**king minutes to ask the players inane questions. You could tell they just want to celebrate or wollow in pity, either way it's just awful.

Bazal

Post Whore
He was fantastic, but I thought Granville, Tamou and Taumololo had equally important games.

Agreeeeeeeeee!

Not saying he was an absolute stand out by any means, but the fact that people can seriously say he didn't deserve the CCM at all is pretty much just blind hatred or jealousy

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Not saying he was an absolute stand out by any means, but the fact that people can seriously say he didn't deserve the CCM at all is pretty much just blind hatred or jealousy

Oh yeah, he definitely deserved it; I just think two others deserved it more. I think this is where it gets a little more subjective. When you also have several deserving recipients, you never get a satisfied crowd.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Listened to the ar$e end of the GF on the radio by myself 1,600km's North of Perth. About 5 or 6 years ago I hated JT, thought he was over rated, couldn't defend etc but overt the past 2 or so years I think he is an absolute champion and deserved to win the GF for NQ.

Apey

Staff member

Are you drunk?

He was f**king average.

Broncos losing is good though.

Bazal

Post Whore
Average? :lol: Cowboys top three easy. Cleaned up four or five dangerous plays, would have set up a couple of tries if Linnett hadn't been inspired by the spirit of Carige and was just an absolute general with his direction. All while heavily targeted by Blair particularly. Probably behind Tamou and Granville but hardly an undeserving option....

Actually I've noticed on FB a lot of the hate for his CCM seems to be coming from people who haven't played footy, so maybe I'm being harsh

Apey

Staff member
Average? :lol: Cowboys top three easy. Cleaned up four or five dangerous plays, would have set up a couple of tries if Linnett hadn't been inspired by the spirit of Carige and was just an absolute general with his direction. All while heavily targeted by Blair particularly. Probably behind Tamou and Granville but hardly an undeserving option....

Haha average was just a bit of hyperbole in the opposite direction. There is no way he was best player on the park though which is what the CCM is meant to be about. He was 100% undeserving imo in the sense that if he was 'probably behind' anyone then he shouldn't have been awarded best on ground. I mean it's not an award for best player of the year; it's man of that particular match. Granville was awesome, he was pretty much directly responsible for Cowboy's first two tries, but being on the bench probably hurt his chances more than anything. Tamou/Taumo were both great too. Milford was outstanding for the Broncos but CCM to a loser is rare.

Anyway Thurston got caught with the ball numerous times on the 4th tackle, his single try-assist was for the Broncos, put a bunch of dud kicks in (so did the rest of the Cowboys though tbh but Thurston did get a good repeat set near the end) and choked the winning conversion. Ended up getting an AFL-like point for missing though thanks to Ben Hunt which definitely works in his favour.

Honestly a lot of people give shit to the Channel 9 wankfest about Thurston but I reckon if you (not you in particular) watched the game on mute there is no way you could possibly come to the conclusion JT was best on ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts