What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Grand Final:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just highlights the huge advantage that Victorian teams have playing the grand final on their home ground.

2 weeks ago the Hawks couldn't beat the Weagles in Perth.

CyberKev

Staff member
Just highlights the huge advantage that Victorian teams have playing the grand final on their home ground.

2 weeks ago the Hawks couldn't beat the Weagles in Perth.

But only a few weeks prior to that they did beat the Eagles in Perth. The Eagles haven't beaten Hawthorn outside of Perth since their premiership year of 2006.

Playing 11-12 games a year at a non-VIC venue strengthens your finals prospects, but can, conversely, impact your flag prospects. That said, no less than 11 non-VIC sides have got the job done in the 28 years that we've had a national comp; showing that venue is irrelevant when u r genuinely good enough.

I think the big thing, for all sides, is to develop a strong preferred game plan that isn't ground specific.

CyberKev

Staff member
Are these guys the greatest team in AFL history? Four afl finals in a row with three titles straight. There are building a bloody good case.

I'm not even certain it's the best Hawthorn side I've seen.

Hawthorn in the 80s were phenomenal, three peat or no three peat. Melbourne winning 5 flags from 6 straight GFs in the 50s was off the charts. And Collingwood did fourplay in the twenties, which is special, other era or no.

It's not a claim that can ever be proven, so as much as can be said is that it's clearly one of the best sides of all time.

Dodgy

Juniors
It's a phenomenal achievement. But there are so many factors, including off-field, when judging why a team becomes do successful.

As far as quality goes. Geelong from 07/08/09, is the best AFL team. Despite losing a GF to a Hawthorn side that is weaker than the teams that have won the last few GFs

sportive cupid

Referee
The success of the Hawthorn team could be the biggest headache for the AFL.

I hate to say it ,but this year the NRL GF had it all over the AFL.
NRL 2015
Exciting Australian music that resignated with the audience -both at the ground and on TV.
Thrilling ending holding attention til even after the final siren.
Fairytale endings with the good guy getting the prize.

AFL
Has been oversea act and a lip syncing clone
Boring predictable game that had us calling for the mercy rule to be enforced by 3/4 time
Ending no one cared about or was even watching at that stage

AFL needs to do some thinking

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The success of the Hawthorn team could be the biggest headache for the AFL.

I hate to say it ,but this year the NRL GF had it all over the AFL.
NRL 2015
Exciting Australian music that resignated with the audience -both at the ground and on TV.
Thrilling ending holding attention til even after the final siren.
Fairytale endings with the good guy getting the prize.

AFL
Has been oversea act and a lip syncing clone
Boring predictable game that had us calling for the mercy rule to be enforced by 3/4 time
Ending no one cared about or was even watching at that stage

AFL needs to do some thinking

why ??

sportive cupid

Referee
What question do you mean?
I said Hawks dominance is a headache for AFL and they had to do some thinking .
I said that's because if it gets predictable it gets boring .
So what else do you want me to answer?

Why do I hate to say it?

Because I really love AFL ...is there a problem with that ?

alien

Referee
Around here it is...

There is a lot of butt hurt about AFL.

i don't know why. you could say both sports compete against each other, but both rugby league and australian football will survive as professional sports anyway