What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chairman

Gronk

Staff member
http://tvnz.co.nz/sunday-news/october-11-6398564

Is featured on the NZ version of 60 minutes on Sunday.

BIG LEAGUE
From prison to rugby league star - Parramatta Eels player Manu Ma'u has put his dark past behind him.
The reformed family man shares his powerful journey with fellow prisoners to give them hope they can change their lives.

Reporter - Barbara Dreaver
Producer - Louisa Cleave
Editor - Debbie Matthews
Camera - Peter Day, Ken Dorman

Video will be up next week methinks.

Barbara Dreaver ‏@barbaradreaver 13h13 hours ago
With Parramatta Eels NRL players and @M_Mau88 - we have his inspirational story on @SundayTVNZ 7pm. A must-watch.

CQsgvyNUEAAANBF.jpg

forward pass

Coach
I was wondering why the f**k 60 minutes would do a story on Steve Sharp.

oh....and NZ has its own 60 minutes??? Well I'll be.

Has the chairman appointed a CEO? A mate of mine who posts on the other site reckon that Bowlous will get it because he's good mates with Issa.

emjaycee

Coach
Has the chairman appointed a CEO? A mate of mine who posts on the other site reckon that Bowlous will get it because he's good mates with Issa.

Apparently the intention is to test the incumbents suitability "against the open market. A decision will then be taken by the board as to a best for club direction on filling this position".

Apparently the intention is to test the incumbents suitability "against the open market. A decision will then be taken by the board as to a best for club direction on filling this position".

Wtf? What does that mean? How do you do that? I will have to ask my HR cousin to explain if this is what they tend to do in the real world. It seems that only at the Eels can we do things a bit differently.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

C'mon mate, keep up.

The story is about "The Chairman", a reformed family man who shares his powerful journey with fellow prisoners to give them hope they can change their lives.

There is a particularly memorable scene where "Mad Dog", one of the notorious prisoners tells the Chairman to take his sorry loser arse back to Parramatta and focus more on his lateral movement in defence.

This is about the time where the Chairman turns green Hulk Style, throws a steeden in Mad Dog's face and then runs off into the distance.....hence the term, Rugby League.

C'mon mate, keep up.

The story is about "The Chairman", a reformed family man who shares his powerful journey with fellow prisoners to give them hope they can change their lives.

There is a particularly memorable scene where "Mad Dog", one of the notorious prisoners tells the Chairman to take his sorry loser arse back to Parramatta and focus more on his lateral movement in defence.

This is about the time where the Chairman turns green Hulk Style, throws a steeden in Mad Dog's face and then runs off into the distance.....hence the term, Rugby League.

Thanks. I've been living overseas in Canada for while. Only been back home for a couple of years so I've been left out of the loop.

Latest posts