What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Will Hopoate is rumored to be heading to the dogs next year. He is not exactly setting the world on fire, I would put him on par or even slightly behind Perrett.

Packy

Bench
Hoppa isn't super fast but when given good instruction and with confidence in his team he is a very good defensive player and quite strong.

Not against the idea tbh.

lafai

Bench
We don't need more backs. Especially Hoppa who has been pretty average since his mission and I'm being extra generous.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given there are multiple rumours about us offloading Perrett (Titans, apparently?), Hopoate would be an ideal get. Certainly a trade up, no offence to Sammy P who has had a good run but is past it.

MarkC

Juniors
Given there are multiple rumours about us offloading Perrett (Titans, apparently?), Hopoate would be an ideal get. Certainly a trade up, no offence to Sammy P who has had a good run but is past it.

I don't know why there would be rumours about offloading Sam Perrett.
He is not under contract for 2016 at this stage, but they are looking to extend him.
If Hoppa came he would probably replace Loko.

Personally, I'm not convinced about the Hopoate rumour at this stage.
He would be a handy player if he came.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-market-watch-bulldogs-massive-coup-titans-eye-wrecking-ball-manly-sign-halfback/news-story/b647203311d85fa1713a517c3a7b7468

"Canterbury are less than two weeks away from announcing the marquee re-signings of trio Josh Jackson, Moses Mbye and David Klemmer.

It’s understood Mbye and Klemmer have agreed to terms on new four-year deals, with Jackson in the final stages of negotiations."

Klemmer heading to the Eels......aaaaaaaaaaaand its gone.

___

Juniors
Any truth to the rumour that James Graham is being shopped around to other clubs?
First I've heard of it. I've heard more recently that Hoppa is being shopped around, but considering Des he re-signed for 2 more years, I would take that with a grain of salt.

BM1979

Juniors
I honestly would not have a problem with Graham leaving although I would prefer TOLMAN TBH as I don't think they should be on the field together.

They have no real impact on bending defensive lines and are too slow. I would much prefer Klemmer starting as a prop and Kasiano remaining on the bench.

I also wouldn't mind Mbye being left in the Magoo's and being experimented at fullback for a couple of weeks. He does have a good long passing game and the speed to get through a hole .

Latest posts