What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
The Jarryd Hayne era is over in San Francisco.

Hayne, the Australian rugby league star who made a splash in the preseason and surprised a lot of people by making the 49ers’ 53-man roster, has been released.

The 49ers announced the move today. They cut Hayne in favor of running back Kendall Gaskins, who has been promoted from the practice squad to the active roster.

Although Hayne showed some promise as a running back and kick returner, he never looked completely comfortable and struggled with fielding punts. He has the athletic talent to play in the NFL, but he had a steep learning curve and ultimately couldn’t get up to speed fast enough.

Hayne will now be placed on waivers, and it wouldn’t be surprising if some other team decides to pick him up and give him a shot. If he clears waivers, it also wouldn’t be surprising to see the 49ers add him to their practice squad. Hayne might have a future in the NFL, even if he’s not ready yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/31/49ers-cut-australian-rugby-star-jarryd-hayne/

Yeh, I was about to say...he has been waived. So he could theoretically stay with the 49ers on their practice squad if no other club wants him (and the other other club would have to add him to their 53 man roster if they wanted to claim him on waivers).

The Aussie 49ers bandwagon has just crashed............

Yes he can be signed to thier practice squad if no one claims him but make no mistake, this is a huge step back and it will take a lot to get back to playing regularly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so................what to do with all those 9er's no 38 shirts in Rebel Sports

Gronk

Staff member
49ers fans are surprised as well.

Zachary Rancourt ‏@ZacharyRancourt 3m3 minutes ago
Wow. So Jarryd Hayne got released? Crazy. The amount of Hayne jerseys at the game last week was insane. LOL

caylo

Bench
Only dreaming but wow that would make us immediate contenders. Hayne, Gordon, Gutherson, Takairangi, Semi

hindy111

Post Whore
I always said the rooster released rts and Maloney way too easy.
Rts was let go for a reason i think there was a deal if you do not make it a back up deal and they never thought he would make it.

Gronk

Staff member
NFL Hoje ‏@HojeNFL 3m3 minutes ago View translation
URGENTE: San Francisco 49ers corta Jarryd Hayne, ex-estrela do rugby australiano

Agree merkin

Gronk

Staff member
7 News SydneyVerified account ‏@7NewsSydney 5m5 minutes ago
.@JarrydHayne found out he was cut while on team bus.

Gronk

Staff member
49er fans are like

CSrMFfyUEAEKqxN.jpg

forestfan

Juniors
what chance is parra here?

seriously come back and win a prem in 2016 then go back to NFL in 2017 for another crack with a better team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
7 News SydneyVerified account ‏@7NewsSydney 5m5 minutes ago
.@JarrydHayne found out he was cut while on team bus.
Piss poor if true, honestly was he any worse then a bloke like Davis who hasn't done anything of note at all???

49er's seem like a rabble, maybe if he can somehow nab at a different club it might be better for him???? Was it really his fault they were struggling so badly???

hindy111

Post Whore
Davis can read the blitz in defense.Hayne looks like a rabbit in the headlights.He has noce feet and running game but a liabilty in defense and protecting the QB. Also handling problems.San fran are doing what they feel is right.A 27 yld rookie can not be relied on in the NFL and they dont see point on persisting with him.
I said from the start he would make a better defense player.
Either way he has had exposure.If a team doesnt pick him up he may as well return as would be wasting his time hanging rnd.

Avenger

Immortal
Training for most teams start next week. I doubt any team including the Roosters would have a lazy million lying around in their salary cap. If he does come back to the NRL (I don't think he will) the NRL would have to give a club dispensation for 2016 and pay most of the freight.

Kornstar

Coach
The coach f**ked up by putting him on the roster in the first place and now in desperation they have released him to save jobs. That's my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts