What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield season 2015/16

TheParraboy

Staff member
Feb 3-6 NSW v WA

is actually been played in NZ, Ahead of the test series. As many as 7 or 8 test players will play in this game as a warm up (Voges, Marsh, Johnson, Starc, Hazlewood, Warner, Smith, Lyon)

Chappell Hadlee One dayers are on 3rd feb and 6th feb, so we are gonna be under strength there.

That's what the kiwis get for reducing the test series to a 2 tests I guess. Be interesting what kind of deck is prepared for the Shield game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Travis Dean from Vic made a ton in each innings on debut for the Vics, decent effort

Good warm up for the first test from MMarsh with 5 wickets and a 50 for WA.

steggz

Juniors
Pink ball looked good. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

On a side note, as much as they crapped on at times, I didn't mind the SA commentators. Now to get every other state on board for the idea. I'll put my hand up to do NSW games

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sean Marsh made 2 v WA

Putting enormous pressure on the Aussie selectors for a test recall..

Red Bear

Referee
Game abandoned at the SCG. Terrible. Run ups, edge of square particular areas of concern, ground not fit for play.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That really is pathetic.

Its not as though its just another suburban ground ffs

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I know its been raining here a lot but to produce a dangerous sandy field is a bit of a worry

ek999

First Grade
Bloke on abc radio test commentary blamed afl. Should see him sacked this arvo ��

Blaming the AFL is a cop out. AFL has been played there for 30 years or however long the Swans have been in Sydney (don't know and don't really care). Yet this is the first time something like this has happened. If it actually was due to the AFL then we would also see problems at the Gabba and MCG. Groundskeepers have just done a shit job and the weather probably didn't help them

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NSW Blues fuming with SCG Trust after Victoria awarded six points

Cricket NSW is working on fixing its fractured relationship with the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust in the wake of a Sunday's Sheffield Shield fiasco which led to Victoria controversially being gifted outright points on a silver platter.
To make matters worse, NSW's next Sheffield Shield match on Saturday against Tasmania has been moved to Bankstown Oval because of concerns about the outfield - the reason match officials called a premature end to the first-class fixture over the weekend.
Victoria have been awarded six points for the rain-affected clash because NSW are the tenants of the ground and the SCG curators prepared a field "not fit for first-class cricket" according to Cricket Australia's head of cricket operations Sean Cary, who spent Monday inspecting the SCG and deciding on the allocation of points.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...six-points-20151109-gkufmf.html#ixzz3qydrcMgr
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Blaming the AFL is a cop out. AFL has been played there for 30 years or however long the Swans have been in Sydney (don't know and don't really care). Yet this is the first time something like this has happened. If it actually was due to the AFL then we would also see problems at the Gabba and MCG. Groundskeepers have just done a shit job and the weather probably didn't help them

Hey, just saying what the bloke on ABC was saying, and they are very pro-AFL on that station, so all I was jesting was that a bloke on ABC blaming AFL for the state of the SCG might find himself unemployed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hads just hit a tone on debut for the Comets in the futures league.

Not really sure why they call it the futures league, they seem to have more old farts than future players

steggz

Juniors
Hads just hit a tone on debut for the Comets in the futures league.

Not really sure why they call it the futures league, they seem to have more old farts than future players

Futures league is the old 2nd XI comp, but there are now rules about how many over 23s/25s can be in a team.

Haddin playing a couple of games to get ready for BBL (how that works boggles the mind for me)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If the selectors want a bloke to do a siddle like role how about jackson bird. Hes leading the wickets and siddle really was a let down in the perfect bowling conditions. Obviously its only temporary untiil starc is back but bird looked good in his first go

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree Bird is a huge upgrade on Siddle, just about any bowler would be

Latest posts