What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They don't rate us again!

Emu01

Juniors
So I just read the recruitment rankings in the Sunday Telegraph..They had the Dragons ranked 12th out of 16 in recruitment.
We have 8 players signed for next year plus Russel Packer so I'm thinking we have done pretty well,but no the so called experts have us in twelfth place behind the Broncos who only had two signings 1 bloke from Ipswich jets and some dude from a Mormon mission.

The Cowboys only signed 2 players as well 1 from qld cup and 1 Titans player but they ranked higher than the Dragons..

It gets worse in the adjoining article,when I started reading I scanned ahead for the segment on the Dragons but no we didn't even get 1 word in the article.Nothing not even mentioned just all about Souths and the Dogs etc.

I'm over these so called experts not even rating the Dragons it's a disgrace!

Looks like we are written off already guys if today's article is any indication of what these clowns think of our chances..

Forster Dragon

Juniors
The so called experts do not have a very good record,and it is a blessing they have let us fly under the radar.If they were paid on performance they would be broke.

Emu01

Juniors
I like flying under the radar myself,but what tends to happen is the referees form an opinion of us and perception is reality in this world and we will get a lot of dud calls from the officials..

I have seen this happen so many times over the years the more highly favoured your team is the more 50/50 calls the will receive.

TruSaint

Referee
I like flying under the radar myself,but what tends to happen is the referees form an opinion of us and perception is reality in this world and we will get a lot of dud calls from the officials..

I have seen this happen so many times over the years the more highly favoured your team is the more 50/50 calls the will receive.

I changes mid stream Emu... when we had a run of 6 or 7 wins, believe me, we got some good / bad calls go our way.. then hen we lost the same plus in a row, we got smashed. Evens out IMHO

If you look at half the so called experts are you have people like Mark Geyer who has been hit to many times in the head and Blocker Roach who has always had his head up his arse.

Remember Langlands being out one season for 6 weeks and coming back from injury to play Souths at Redfern.

Media were badgering him the day before the game telling Changa that the Souths side were openly saying Saints would be easy meat for them.

His reply to Ron Casey was "we'll do our talking on the field".

Saints flogged Souths with Langlands setting up a try I will never forget.

Took a bomb under pressure in the in goal area and then cut through half the Souths side before drawing the full back and sending Stanley Gorton on a 50 metre run for a great try.

Moral to the story is would prefer our team does its talking on the field.

Old Timer

Coach
So I just read the recruitment rankings in the Sunday Telegraph..They had the Dragons ranked 12th out of 16 in recruitment.
We have 8 players signed for next year plus Russel Packer so I'm thinking we have done pretty well,but no the so called experts have us in twelfth place behind the Broncos who only had two signings 1 bloke from Ipswich jets and some dude from a Mormon mission.

The Cowboys only signed 2 players as well 1 from qld cup and 1 Titans player but they ranked higher than the Dragons..

It gets worse in the adjoining article,when I started reading I scanned ahead for the segment on the Dragons but no we didn't even get 1 word in the article.Nothing not even mentioned just all about Souths and the Dogs etc.

I'm over these so called experts not even rating the Dragons it's a disgrace!

Looks like we are written off already guys if today's article is any indication of what these clowns think of our chances..

Most likely the ranking is really only related to the "key" signing and not the quantity of signings.
Mann is our key signing and he was rated being Maloney, Foran, Burgess, Tuivasa - Sheck etc so not too surprising or anything much to concern ourselves about.
I would be more worried when the so called experts (especially that jerk Greg Alexander) start talking us because their track record is appalling. We don't need them putting extra burden on us and then bagging us at every opportunity like they normally do.
TBH our strength is not in the signings it is in what we already have and the fact that the younger ones who have been with us for a few years are just coming into there own as 1st grade players. The key for us is to make sure our young ones aren't somebody else's key signing next year.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Rugby league journalists are league players first. Look at the incredible undercover reporting by Gordon" would be digging holes on the council" Tallis; brad" I'm going to talk like a bogan hick" fitler; Andrew " can I root something or take pills" johns and mark "wally would have smashed you" geyer. Brains trust right there amongst others. Now sterling and gus think about it a bit more. So trusting league experts is like trusting an 11 year old to drive you home.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach

Making excuses early I see

_Johnsy

Referee
Title
"They don't rate us again!"

I instantly think, who gives a flying f**k what "they" think.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Experts has us around the bottom. They're right. Bottom of top 8.

Next season, once again, no chance, we finish premiers.

Sounds good.

The Nick

Bench
Well I hope they (and Objective View) look forward to being proven wrong once again!

Straight Shooter

hazzbeen

Bench
Who really cares what any of them say, they never get it right anyway. How can anyone write off any team before the comp even starts. As for us the same , no idea really until about 6 games in then maybe I will have some idea were we may finish....

Last edited:

Latest posts