What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Gynge" for the rules commision WTF?

aads

Juniors
Way to ruin the game - people whinge about news' control over our game and there is "Strong support" for this guy's agenda to be taken seriously when it come sto rules?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/why-departing-nine-boss-david-gyngell-would-be-a-good-fit-for-the-arl-commission-20151110-gkv0gl.html
Hope you like more 30 second stoppages in play?

I know he has stepped down from Nein but i can see them having some meetings with him (etc...)

When you go to an AFL match they are not allowed to restart until the light on the scoreboard goes off - signalling that TV is out of the add break. Get ready folks...

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Gynge on the Commission wouldnt be a bad thing...

Ive never liked the way he treated the game when he was at 9, but 9 were the ones paying him and he did a great job for them.

We know that he understand that value ad potential of the game as he fought so hard to keep the rights on 9. Its not his fault that Gallop was shit at his job and allowed Gynge to exploit the situation

He wouldnt be a bad person to have pissing out of the tent.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
He's not afraid to wrestle with the big boys, knows all about the way media is heading and may be a true connoisseur of the game . . . pay him enough so he won't need to play favourites and he could be the man

nrlnrl

First Grade
No doubt he did a great job for Channel 9, but absolutely disgraceful how they can have SOO kick off around 8:20pm & finish around 10pm. What chance does that give young kids to grow up watching such a key part of rugby league ? The NRL / ARLC need to have control of kickoff times, not tv stations. Seriously, if events like the SuperBowl, FIFA World Cup & Olympics can start at exact times listed, not let slip because tv wants to maximise ratings & their advertising dollar - why can't SOO, the Grand Final & other big games follow suit ?

Zigwaa

Bench
No doubt he did a great job for Channel 9, but absolutely disgraceful how they can have SOO kick off around 8:20pm & finish around 10pm. What chance does that give young kids to grow up watching such a key part of rugby league ? The NRL / ARLC need to have control of kickoff times, not tv stations. Seriously, if events like the SuperBowl, FIFA World Cup & Olympics can start at exact times listed, not let slip because tv wants to maximise ratings & their advertising dollar - why can't SOO, the Grand Final & other big games follow suit ?

This. NRL needs to grow a pair and tell 9 who's in charge of important details.

Last Week

Bench
I actually think he would be a good appointment to the ARLC, if he weren't so loyal to Channel 9. Probably not the best idea.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I take it is an appointment to the rules committee. So one question, what is his background playing the actually game?

Could I suggest SFA and just another boofhead decision and job for boyz. f**k league just keeps going off the rails.

elbusto

Coach
He would a great acquisition for the game imho. The next ten years are about dollars and media deals. He would be an asset.

When this merkin was screwing the game at nein he was public enemy number one (well maybe two). Now they're talking about hiring him the circle jerkers can't wait to stick his poster on the ceiling next to Davey boy.

If he's brought in to look at rules that is a f**king joke.
If he's brought in to do TV deals with nein he's about five years off being any use.

Just hire him as a consultant for a million bucks for sod all work like they do the rest of the time.

When this merkin was screwing the game at nein he was public enemy number one (well maybe two). Now they're talking about hiring him the circle jerkers can't wait to stick his poster on the ceiling next to Davey boy.

If he's brought in to look at rules that is a f**king joke.
If he's brought in to do TV deals with nein he's about five years off being any use.

Just hire him as a consultant for a million bucks for sod all work like they do the rest of the time.
Another insightful post from the bitterest,saddest f**k on the net .