What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the series

Harrigan

Juniors
So if you could pick a 13 of the England v New Zealand Series, who would it be?

RTS
McGillvary
Whare
Kahu
Nightingale
Widdop
Smith
Burgess
Luke
Bromwich
Harris
Proctor/Whitehead
O'Loughlin

The backs were basically picked yesterday because, well, obviously they didn't even need to turn up the first two weeks. Smith had the most dominant performance by any half in the series yesterday and McGillvary did more in the one game than Burgess or SKD did in 5 games combined. The Kiwis left edge was very good yesterday too and on a dry day could have scored more than the 3 tries down there.

Tohu Harris has got to be pretty much the best second rower in the world right now too! At times he's almost unplayable. Hard to think this is only the end of his 3rd season in first grade! Tom Burgess was the best prop throughout the series closely followed by Jessie Bromwich too for me. Apart from those three, it was hard to even pick the best pack as not much separated the two.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I only got to watch the first half of game 2 and then game 3.

Based on that:

1. Hardaker (defensive efforts saved the game)
2. McGillvary (had a blinder)
3. Whare
4. Bateman (no centres saw enough ball, but bateman still managed to make breaks)
5. Nightingale (outstanding form)
6. Widdop (although i think Hiku was very damaging. People forget that he prefers to play fullback, but has been made a makeshift centre at manly)
7. Smith (kicking game alone. But huge defensive effort too
8. Bromwich
9. Hodgson/Luke tied
10. Graham (absolute work horse)
11. Proctor
12. Whitehead (for his try scoring ability)
13. O'Loughlin/Blair tied (If you re-watch game 3 and just follow Blair you'll see how much work he does. But O'Loughin is phenomenal)

The gloom of a series defeat to the Poms was lifted for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck… just seconds after the full-time whistle.

As he congratulated Jermaine McGillvary, the Huddersfield winger told the Kiwi No.1 he was his idol – and politely asked if he could have his shirt!

“He came up to me and said, ‘You’re my favourite player, and asked for my jersey’, which was nice,” revealed the Warriors-bound No.1.

“He was awesome for England. All the boys were trying to get into him, but he just kept smiling.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles...30345150340061&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Latest posts