What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Why would we want Hayne.

We have some good young kids in Moylan,DWZ and even Smith already with first grade experience and many years of service ahead of them.

To lose one or even two of these so we can afford Hayne just doesn't make sense.

chrisD

Coach
Gus spoke the truth. Maybe because of this, Hayne pulled his finger out.

What a load of shit, Hayne was the best player in the state for about a decade, he was just on the worst team, and even in that team where it was routine to bomb a try assist or two of his every game he still matched up with or bested the supposed best fullbacks in both the effort and skill stats every season.

Hayne being lazy was the biggest myth perpetrated in rugby league, almost assuredly by people who didn't actually watch Parra.

TheFrog

Coach
Hayne being lazy was the biggest myth perpetrated in rugby league, almost assuredly by people who didn't actually watch Parra.

You didn't have to watch them, just look at the table. They ran last two years running, at a time when Hayne was the highest paid player in the game (or very close to it). The same thing happened to Newcastle with Johns in 05, but he was injured most of the year.

Fibroman

First Grade
Hayne was the main reason Parramatta are such a sh1t team over the past decade The players hate him. I wouldn't want that happy clapper anywhere near Penrith Park.

mxlegend99

Referee
Why would we want Hayne.

We have some good young kids in Moylan,DWZ and even Smith already with first grade experience and many years of service ahead of them.

To lose one or even two of these so we can afford Hayne just doesn't make sense.
If we lost Will Smith to sign Jarryd Hayne it would be the most genius thing Gus has ever done.

It's still never going to happen. But how could signing a superstar like Hayne not make sense? It improves our squad without doubt and with the profile he has at the moment would improve crowds and memberships. How many people would sign up or attend games to see Will Smith?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You didn't have to watch them, just look at the table. They ran last two years running, at a time when Hayne was the highest paid player in the game (or very close to it). The same thing happened to Newcastle with Johns in 05, but he was injured most of the year.
So was Hayne, both years he missed half the season, as a Parra fan he was coached by clueless morons and two of the weakest rosters I have seen as a long term Parra fan. Anyone who blames him for those spoons has absolutely no idea when we were paying plods like Harrison 350k per season.

betcats

Referee
Hayne was the main reason Parramatta are such a sh1t team over the past decade The players hate him. I wouldn't want that happy clapper anywhere near Penrith Park.

They hated him so much a big bunch went over to the USA to support him. How many coaches and CEOs and boards have Parra had the last ten years? Blaiming Hayne is silly imo.

Id take him in a heartbeat, he would be a massive benefit to the club both on and off the field.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Our whole squad minus Cartwright and Merrin.
We could let go of Soward, Wallace and smith and be better off with Hayne.

1. Hayne
6. Moylan
7. TMM

That's our future halves anyway. Smith is a reserve grader. Just fast tracking our future.

But we have also lost Idris recently and he wouldn't have been on peanuts. I don't think we lose young guys in making him an offer. We would be looking at moving on the older guys.

But again. He's a one in a million shot. I just can't believe anyone would be against it. Hate him or not. Our team would be better with him.

betcats

Referee
Cartwright is about the only one I wouldn't want to lose. We'd have to keep a decent squad around him but for Hayne you clear the decks.

abpanther

Staff member
As if you wouldn't want Hayne on our team, he's one of the best league players on the planet

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah as if I'd have a personal opinion... Geez the nerve of me ha ha

I've said it's just personal opinion - And saying you'd shed all our juniors bar carty is as silly to me as me saying I don't want Hayne is to you

You get one guy doesnt win GF's right? Hayne was Parra's only good player and look how that turned out - But sure, let's shed all our junior talent for 1 player...

Oh, and I get it's all hypothetical as he'll go to Parra if he does come back :)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are entitled to your opinion, however silly it is.

Not sure why you wouldn't want one of the best rugby league players in the world playing for the Panthers. He is also a massive name and would attract a lot of attention, which in turn would please our sponsors and attract new members.

Not many down sides here.

Status
Not open for further replies.