What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Pommy

Coach
Even his contract for the 53 man squad would have been shit all compared to what the Eels were paying him. But I think once you factor in the other money he is earning over there he wouldn't be losing much/any from what he would be earning in the NRL.

Unless his endorsements were conditional on him being in the 53man squad.

I don't know for sure but surely people won't be paying a great deal for the endorsement of someone on a practice squad.
Fair play to him for giving it a go but I hope he is looking at it realistically and that people around him are advising him well. Its a short career these guys get and its a shame to waste it if your unlikely to make the grade no matter how noble it is to chase a dream.

--Storm--

Juniors
They won't waive Ellington, they wouldn't be game to risk it so all the reports that Hayne is close to returning is just bullshit

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
The head coach at one of the worst teams in the comp has no confidence in him at all. He'll only get another go if the 49rs are desperate due to lack of bodies. No other side was interested when he became available. If he hangs around next year in trials he'll be up against fresh college recruits with years of experience that he simply doesn't have. That's assuming anyone even wants to use a spot on him.

The 49rs and NFL in general have had a look and decided he's not going to make it. At some point that basic reality is going to hit home to Hayne - not to mention the diminishing media cheer squad over here who have literally no idea about the NFL and what is actually happening.

MattJ

Juniors
The head coach at one of the worst teams in the comp has no confidence in him at all. He'll only get another go if the 49rs are desperate due to lack of bodies. No other side was interested when he became available. If he hangs around next year in trials he'll be up against fresh college recruits with years of experience that he simply doesn't have. That's assuming anyone even wants to use a spot on him.

The 49rs and NFL in general have had a look and decided he's not going to make it. At some point that basic reality is going to hit home to Hayne - not to mention the diminishing media cheer squad over here who have literally no idea about the NFL and what is actually happening.

I think that's a bit unfair, he managed to secure a spot on a roster up against fresh collage recruits with years of experience this season, and next season he will have had almost a whole years experience on a practice squad.
If anything, there could possibly be more interest in him, especially if he gets another opportunity at the 49ers this season and puts in a good showing.

--Storm--

Juniors
He has blew it, all he had to do was catch the ball and not drop it for the first season and gain some respect in the league. It is hard to get a 2nd crack in the NFL and there definitely won't be the hype around him that he had his first crack.

The coach has come out and hosed down speculation his up for a recall so there's a strong chance he'll be playing next game

--Storm--

Juniors
f**k this I get no respect, delete this account I'm making a new one under a new user name.

Delete me admin!

Spot On

Coach
f**k this I get no respect, delete this account I'm making a new one under a new user name.

Delete me admin!

You'll leave the fingerprint as before though. Incorrectly use his for he's and they'll be all over you and your new username.

Just learn the difference between the pronoun 'his' and the contraction 'he's' and use each correctly in the sentence you are writing.