What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wayne bennet wants to coach in the world cup

Its been reported today that wayne bennet wants to coach in the world cup and is looking for another country.

The 65-year-old said the new rulings won’t stop him if another nation is willing to take on the seven-time premiership winning coach, who previously helped New Zealand to victory in the 2008 World Cup.

“The reality is time is running out for me,” Bennett said.

“I had the opportunity to coach France at the last World Cup but I knocked it back.

“I went very close to taking the job but after much deliberation I knocked it back because I wanted to concentrate and not be distracted with my commitments to Newcastle at the time.

“But if something was to come up here I would be happy to help in any way I can.

“I love rugby league and that is why I helped out New Zealand in ‘08.

“And I thought the 2013 World Cup was a great event in England and I would have loved to be a part of that.

“So if I can make a contribution and help some nation that would be great.

“That is one of the reasons why I was keen on the Australian job, just to be a part of it.”
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ligibility-rules/story-fni3fbgz-1227633089502

Looks like he had a chance with france

POPEYE

Coach
Benny should've been a little less up himself and he would have been given the Australian job . . . still hasn't learned anything by the sound of it

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
France would do well under his leadership.

The French have a solid group of players. They are capable of being much better than their results show.

Dakink

Bench
Any country wanting a top.notch consultant would be silly not to make contact.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Benny should've been a little less up himself and he would have been given the Australian job . . . still hasn't learned anything by the sound of it

grant wanted a coach with no club ties. he'd have to give up coaching brisbane. the aus job isnt a fulltime job unless the coach is going to do a lot of development work during the year. we play at most a handful of internationals a year there's no need for someone solely in the role

Can you elaborate on how he was "up himself" previously, or now, for wanting to be involved in the World Cup?

I reckon wayne should coach Serbia think of the language barrier... lol on a serious note its a great way to scout new raw players

Danish

Referee

Too right.

The kangaroos don't stand for any egos in their coaching ranks. They want humble, agenda-free guys of high moral character and intelligence.

You know, like Ricky Stuart and Tim Sheens

POPEYE

Coach
Can you elaborate on how he was "up himself" previously, or now, for wanting to be involved in the World Cup?

When he was young the media couldn't get a word out of the bloke, the more he started believing the rightful hype about himself the more he became outspoken. Reached the point in recent years where he has become a nuisance to the powers that be, probably because they don't like to be spoken down to even if they deserve it

Benny is now beginning to get supporters offside due to appearing to be personal agenda driven, caring more about what suits the Broncos and telling the world he is available to coach Australia. When he's told he can't do both jobs he retaliates by offering his services to another country . . . whilst coaching Brisbane it seems

He's looking for a 'I told you so' just as he did helping Kearney on the path to making NZ #1. He's one of the two best coaches on the planet, trouble is he's the only one that thinks his shit doesn't stink and you know the Tall Poppy story

If he goes to France he's going to need one interpreter to convert his mumbling into English and then another to convert that into French.

When he was young the media couldn't get a word out of the bloke, the more he started believing the rightful hype about himself the more he became outspoken. Reached the point in recent years where he has become a nuisance to the powers that be, probably because they don't like to be spoken down to even if they deserve it

Benny is now beginning to get supporters offside due to appearing to be personal agenda driven, caring more about what suits the Broncos and telling the world he is available to coach Australia. When he's told he can't do both jobs he retaliates by offering his services to another country . . . whilst coaching Brisbane it seems

He's looking for a 'I told you so' just as he did helping Kearney on the path to making NZ #1. He's one of the two best coaches on the planet, trouble is he's the only one that thinks his shit doesn't stink and you know the Tall Poppy story

So you're a mind reader now, you silly old know-it-all merkin.

Go run yourself a nice warm bath and jump in with your toaster.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

Rambling nonsense

dogz08

First Grade

91sn32Q.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would like to see him try PNG...not being an sarcastic...he think he would do them a world of good.