What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should an nrl match/es be played in paris?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Wouldn't be against it. Give some of the proceeds to charity for the victims. Apart from the fact we're all against Daesh, it's good publicity for the game and would be good to increase our international exposure. Wouldn't discard it out of hand.

gallen23

Juniors
One massacre is already one too many

57355774.jpg

bedlam breakout

Juniors
support for French rl and promotion for the game there is a downfall from the games regional strongholds , the French rl have survived and prospered despite numerous attempts to stifle and kill it by ru without much support from the rest of the rl world, now their civil liberties are also the targets of not right minded people it should be time for the strongest and the brave to stand up together even for just a weekend in some small way in a show of solidarity for the French and free world and defiance of any one who threatens with extremism whether it be sporting religious social or racial

ACTPanthers

Bench
support for French rl and promotion for the game there is a downfall from the games regional strongholds , the French rl have survived and prospered despite numerous attempts to stifle and kill it by ru without much support from the rest of the rl world, now their civil liberties are also the targets of not right minded people it should be time for the strongest and the brave to stand up together even for just a weekend in some small way in a show of solidarity for the French and free world and defiance of any one who threatens with extremism whether it be sporting religious social or racial

I get you want to be up there on your soap box, giving us all an epic speech. I get it brother, I really do. But for the love of all humanity, learn how to use a f**kING FULL STOP!!!!

langpark

First Grade
This is a fantastic idea!! Let's spend a ridiculous amount of money to stage a one-off match in Paris while not giving a cent to grassroots and long-term development over there!

bedlam breakout

Juniors
it wouldn't happen any way, I will never forget the aussie test players who were too scared to board a plane to England after 9/11 to play for Australia ( something I cant imagine an English player ever doing) think it was one of the forwards and someone else cant remember- suppose that's the difference between our cultres and way of thinking really, insular Americanised country v land of hope and glory

King Tigerman

Juniors
You have to be kidding. That would seriously be a mess in the middle of the season with the jet lag involved.
Also any origin in london would have to begin local tIme at 10 in the morning in order for channel 9 to show it live at a decent time
On a pommie league game in Paris it's up to the Catalan frogs and whether financially it would be worthwhile for them