What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
Why does the "list of demands" keep getting bigger

They don't. Same list of grievances they've had for years.
You wouldn't have noticed that todays Adelaide game was put back 2.5 hrs due to the heat wave.
Another demand that has finally had action taken.
Like the NRL, football fans have been complaining about playing games in the heat for years.
What a strange coincidence that the FFA have for the first time, delayed a game for this reason.

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Hmmm. I would have thought the 31 points in the Fox Sports article you quoted would count as bigger than the initial 3 (?) "demands" made of the FFA by the active supporters....

If the FFA has satisfied the original 3 demands, then why do these 31 points count toward things you claim fans are "doing something about"? But then not mean the list of demands is getting bigger? :lol:

Was the delaying of kickoffs on hot days one of the 3 initial "demands" that protesting active fans made of the FFA in the past week? Assuming no, in claiming it as "another demand that has finally had action taken", how can you again say that the list of demands is not growing? :crazy

Do these soccer fans do anything other than continue to complain, about more and more issues as the weeks go by? :lol:.

#ohallthedrama
#justsettlebackandsupportyourteamffs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and the Barcodes manage to beat Liverpool, you couldn't make this shit up

Suitman

Post Whore
and the Barcodes manage to beat Liverpool, you couldn't make this shit up

And didn't we need that!!!

Meanwhile, A-League fans and club CEO's meeting with the FFA to sort this shit out tomorrow.
Fan power working. With the backing of the clubs.
Yet, if the FFA just provide more lip service like they've done in the past, they'll only get themselves in further trouble.

I so much wish so often, that League fans could bind together and air their grievances along the same lines, and get the governing body to fix their shit as well.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Nine News Sydney ‏@9NewsSyd 8m8 minutes ago
UPDATE: @Arsenal will play two pre-season matches against @SydneyFC and @wswanderersfc in 2017. #9News

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
An important point has been lost in all this triumphalism over people power vs the A-League.

What do you think the investors will do if they find themselves in a situation where one set of customers (the fans) want a product that doesn't appeal to the other set of customers (sponsors)?

Will they cut and run?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nine News Sydney ‏@9NewsSyd 8m8 minutes ago
UPDATE: @Arsenal will play two pre-season matches against @SydneyFC and @wswanderersfc in 2017. #9News

I'll be protesting and not attending this game.

Suitman

Post Whore
An important point has been lost in all this triumphalism over people power vs the A-League.

What do you think the investors will do if they find themselves in a situation where one set of customers (the fans) want a product that doesn't appeal to the other set of customers (sponsors)?

Will they cut and run?

And who might those investors be?
Clearly, this is all about all stakeholders in the A-League.
Fans are protecting themselves and demanding rights they've had ignored to them for years.
FFA is protecting their product, yet, their product is sold in promotions using those same fans they choose to treat like shite.
Then their is the corporates and broadcasters.

There are many stakeholders here mate. All have their own beef and all of them want the best for themselves.
I just hope that these fan power talks being held today can come to a conclusion for the best outcome for the sport as a whole.

Massive match this weekend at Pirtek.
It's in the FFA's best interests to at least get the fans back to the stadium with at the very least, agreeing to a MOU.
If they can't do that after years of ignoring the requests of fans, than they are a rabble, and should be moved on for better people who actually understand the game and culture.
Remember, the game is being run by ex-NRL/afl people.
What would they know about football???????? And its culture????

I've replied to your post because you asked a question but I know that you will now pick a fight. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Suity

I don't think the (potential) conflict is fans v sponsors. It is the problem with satisfying one type of fan and not putting off another, and destroying the brand capital for the league as a whole.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well yes, it is specifically one type of fan vs every other stakeholder. What kind of sports fan whinges about their rights? I've been an Eels tragic for decades and never even considered that I had rights to lose. If you don't carry on like a f**kwit you never have to worry. Yes I see the irony in that comment but I'm talking about real life here.

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't think the (potential) conflict is fans v sponsors. It is the problem with satisfying one type of fan and not putting off another, and destroying the brand capital for the league as a whole.

There are so many variables B O Sp.
There are so many stakeholders that have different views of the game, and how it should be run, and how it should be supported.
We're talking about decades of conflict here, and dealing with Anglos who run the game and have no idea of the culture.
They think it's bad.
We don't.
There is clearly a middle ground to be reached and I hope it is.

Can I give you an example of where the crack down of support of sport in this country started to go wrong?

..............................Cricket.

Beach balls and Mexicans Waves.
When these things became illegal and security started ejecting fans for starting waves or throwing beach balls up at One day cricket matches, I knew this country had absolutely no f**king idea about sport and allowing it to be a fun day out. They also had no idea about the way sports fans want to support their teams.

These draconian measures were the beginning of the end.
And so it continues with the anti active support fears.

The north terrace at Parra Stadium is active at Wanderers games.
Active actually means supporting your team without the need for loudspeaker chanting. (lol - how f**king embarrassing is that at Eels games?)

Yet, Aussies can't get their heads around active support, so ultimately, it's derided in the mainstream.

I'm proud of the fact that A-League active supporter groups are actually taking on the head body and showing that fans CAN have power. United power. Even though they hate each other more than league fans could ever imagine.

I've said it before, but I wish League fans could do the same instead of whining on social media and discussion forums.
Rugby League would be in a better place if the fans actually gave a shit.

Suity

They're fair enough points, Suity.

None of us can forget our past and upbringing, and that necessarily makes change a bit tricky.

I have no problem with 'active support'. I've not been to regular season A-League game, but have been to lots of senior games in the UK / Belgium (even a Millwall game....christ). 'Active support' in and of itself is fine (desirable in fact). But it also can create cover for the ratbags. I apply the same criteria to cricket fans. I've seen a bloke in a private box in the Brewongle stand say of the Indian team 'I hate em, they're like f**king rats' and nobody in the box batted an eyelid (I got ejected from the box.....what a laugh). I've seen a bloke in Adelaide throw a chicken bone at a Sri Lankan fan and tell him to 'pick it up, Coolie'....thankfully he was swiftly deal twith.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you are all missing an important point.

ManU got knocked out of UCL this morning.

Suitman

Post Whore
Baz,

Can you imagine the uproar if this fight was between 50 A-League fans of ESFC and WSW'S?

Bourbon Bec would go into meltdown. As would AJ and all the rednecks on this forum.

2gud0dv.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Baz,

Can you imagine the uproar if this fight was between 50 A-League fans of ESFC and WSW'S?

Bourbon Bec would go into meltdown. As would AJ and all the rednecks on this forum.

Yet, it's a tiny corner of you know which paper. Haha.

2gud0dv.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Well yes, it is specifically one type of fan vs every other stakeholder. What kind of sports fan whinges about their rights? I've been an Eels tragic for decades and never even considered that I had rights to lose. If you don't carry on like a f**kwit you never have to worry. Yes I see the irony in that comment but I'm talking about real life here.

I see where u r coming from merkin

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I tend to agree with some of the statements on here. Good luck to the fans who have demanded change and I hope for their sake that they get it.

However, I ultimately think having one small non-representative sub set of fans with such influence will do more damage than good. I'm glad that this doesn't happen in the NRL.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Baz,

2gud0dv.jpg

Do you think that the small contingent of football fans blowing up and antagonising the media will change this?

Latest posts