What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Loves the game!! Don't mind him.

He loves Twitter, goes on it for hrs answering everyone's questions.

It's awesome that someone so influential in the game is so engaging with the fans. More people involved in the game could learn a thing or two from his approach.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I saw the duke at work the other day .... even in his silly f**kin gold panthers polo he is an imposing figure .... he can be an annoying merkin, but he has a f**kload of pull in the game

His commentary and analysis generally involves a f**kload of pull.

Delboy

First Grade
Apparently the money offered by Sticky was described as amount that should only be offered to Matt Scott or JWH, just couldn't be refused

El Diablo

Post Whore
wouldn't pay overs or a guy who we don't even know will be as much use with only 8 interchanges

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah no loss, someone will step up.

It's all about having the right culture and if Paulo is convicted of the road rage incident that he has been charged for I wouldn't want him at my club anyway.

At least our other ex convicts are contrite and have been rehabilitated.

eel speel

Juniors
Junior Paulo is 100% Canberra bound for 17 ...

Stagger, did he just go for more money? If appears that money is the driving force for all the players..... No matter how much they deny it. Very few players will stay at a club if they get significantly more money elsewhere.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's all about having the right culture and if Paulo is convicted of the road rage incident that he has been charged for I wouldn't want him at my club anyway.

At least our other ex convicts are contrite and have been rehabilitated.
If, it seems out of character for the kid he has never been in any sort of trouble before. we have no idea what went on but we have two guys who have done time and they have been model players.

Just think 4 seasons ago we were happy to pay a plodder like Lussick 450K per season now we won't pay overs for one of the best young props in the game. Well thats progress i suppose.......

All hail the mighty academy!!!!!

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Stagger, did he just go for more money? If appears that money is the driving force for all the players..... No matter how much they deny it. Very few players will stay at a club if they get significantly more money elsewhere.

Wouldn't you?

And we're not talking 10% more! the numbers being speculated on junior and Roberts eg suggest 30-50% more than the current employer is willing to pay.

Ie If you earned 100k you would probably be 'loyal' if someone offered 110k but if someone came in with 150k for the same work, you'd more likely take it than not

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see the salary cap working. I wonder if we'll lose Norman and Peats as well.
:lol: Yeah it's working great all the top sides continue to find space for players yet we don't play finals in 5 seasons and still lose our best young players.

The cap at work :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.