What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
No. Show me where I said that.

I'm simply saying that we are exposed to market forces from day 1 of a player's career. If you want to sign an strong up-and-comer to a long-term deal, you are going to have to offer extra cash to induce them to give up the opportunity to got to the market. It's easy to say 'he should have been under lock and key'. It's only easy to do it if you pay overs.

Do you accept that for every player, there a price at which you are better off letting them go? Even if that bloke is one of your best players.

How do you know how big a priority he was made? All we can see is that he wasn't a 'sign at any cost whatsoever priority'.

Every club can offer someone a front-ended deal. There's nothing special about us.

And or have a great TPA setup and or not stuff up your recruited prized half contract so all of it counts under the salary cap. You know the whole $1.2-1.4m. Oh wait...

TheRam

Coach
Because he's flashy. The thing about memorable moments is that they're memorable.

The fans overrate anyone who is either huge or fast because they have their standout moments. Meanwhile coaches and players talk about the kind of players they want in their team, who 'do all the one percenters'. They always say that the fans and commentators don't notice these guys, but they are essential to being competitive.

Oh just stop it with your condescending crap. Know shit Sherlock.

Boy you can be a wanker sometimes Pou. Fu*k your eyes, ears and arse with a cactus. :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Like ummm, lets see....like show him a lot of love and a decent upgrade that isn't insulting, but doesn't break the bank...like so many other clubs have done way before massive offers start to flood in. He is young and would of been keen to have signed on to play with his mates and junior club and less inclined to look around for better offers.

So what happened? We waited just that little bit to long and we didn't seem to really push the love/guilt down his throat.

It's not like he is a mid or late career player testing the market or for a huge last career pay day. These young juniors should/are the easiest to hold on to and re-sign no matter what crap you apologetic idiots crap on with.

And or have a great TPA setup and or not stuff up your recruited prized half contract so all of it counts under the salary cap. You know the whole $1.2-1.4m. Oh wait...

Oh just stop it with your condescending crap. Know shit Sherlock.

Boy you can be a wanker sometimes Pou. Fu*k your eyes, ears and arse with a cactus. :lol:

and here we go

the usual 10 pages of whinging from Charlie Chuckles

eels81236

Bench
He more than held his own in our front row rotation and some would say stood out but that's not much to crow about really. If Ricky wants to pay on potential that is his prerogative I guess. To consider him in the top ten props in the league and pay him accordingly is beyond my comprehension. Most fans of other clubs would say "junior who"? I'd have preferred to have kept him but I certainly understand why we didn't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like ummm, lets see....like show him a lot of love and a decent upgrade that isn't insulting, but doesn't break the bank...like so many other clubs have done way before massive offers start to flood in. He is young and would of been keen to have signed on to play with his mates and junior club and less inclined to look around for better offers.

So what happened? We waited just that little bit to long and we didn't seem to really push the love/guilt down his throat.

It's not like he is a mid or late career player testing the market or for a huge last career pay day. These young juniors should/are the easiest to hold on to and re-sign no matter what crap you apologetic idiots crap on with.

He is moving from Sydney to Canberra. I doubt the middle class public servant culture appeals to him. Do you think it's likely that Canberra's offer blew ours out of the water?

Suitman

Post Whore
He more than held his own in our front row rotation and some would say stood out but that's not much to crow about really. If Ricky wants to pay on potential that is his prerogative I guess. To consider him in the top ten props in the league and pay him accordingly is beyond my comprehension. Most fans of other clubs would say "junior who"? I'd have preferred to have kept him but I certainly understand why we didn't.

Funnily enough, this is the best post on this topic, yet it has had no responses.
If LU could set up a "Like" button, I would like this post.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Have you seen the size of Pauli? I'm 6 foot 2 and 120kgs and he makes me look small. Wonder if you'd call him a pin head to his face?
He'd a foot taller then me, good luck with that. I might say it to his belly button though. Wasn't meaning to bag the guy but he has a really small head to the rest of his body. Koopa Pauli.

Far Canal

Juniors
You guys have shite short memories - as much as I like Jnrs go forward and offloading , he missed 9 freaking weeks the year and has a poor record at the judiciary. Is it worth paying overs for a guy who won't play very game?

Re JWH - he suffered an ACL injury and it takes time for a player to get back to where they were - again, wouldn't want to pay overs for him

We should go after Klemmer.

Willface

Juniors
Has Junior been let go owing to the changing of the interchange rules. Maybe BA sees him as a liability with a faster game. Just a thought

Incorrect

Coach
imagine if we signed Paulo and then Hayne decided to come back in 2017 but we had to tell him to get f**ked as we spent his coin on Junior

then we'd have the same whingers saying "why did we waste our money on Paulo? It cost us Hayne!"

So we should let blokes walk and not try to keep them because we want to keep enough $$'s aside in case Hayne decides he wants to come back? And how long do we do that for? 2 more years? Until he's 35?

That's the weakest reasoning I've seen so far when it comes to arguing whether to keep the likes of Paulo. If Hayne decides to come back and we can't fit him under the cap, I'll be focusing my frustration on the guy who walked away at short notice in the 2014/2015 off season, not younger blokes we re-signed because they impressed in NRL and not NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts